(3.39) The Last First Dance

Eden was completely awestruck the first few moments after she was declared the wife of Klaus Mikaelson. She hadn't registered Klaus letting go of her hand before he was turning away to walk down the steps. Feeling as though her feet were made of air, she floated down the steps and met her husband at the bottom of the stairs. People were still clapping as Klaus led Eden out of the ballroom and into the hallway before leading her into one of the unused bedrooms where she found Jupiter and Jana waiting for them.

"Eden darling," Klaus said softly, snapping Eden back to focus. "Let your bridesmaids do their job." Eden looked from Klaus to Jana, who was waiting patiently for Eden to let go of Klaus' hand. Eden looked down at their interlocked hands and pulled away reluctantly. Klaus winked at her and then stood back as Jana and Jupiter began pulling out some of the pins in the bride's hair.

"We don't want your veil getting stepped on; Haven's gonna need this in perfect condition for her big day." Jana told Eden, giggling when she saw Klaus grimace. Carefully, they pulled the veil off of Eden and then fluffed her dress out before they decided to give the bride and groom a moment alone.

"Make sure you listen for your first dance. I don't want to come back here and have to get you." Jana scolded before she shut the door to the room. Once they were alone, Klaus turned to face Eden and smiled brightly at her.

"Mrs. Eden Mikaelson. That does have a certain ring to it doesn't it?" He teased as he slowly wrapped his arms around Eden to pull her close.

"I think I could get used to it." She admitted before pulling the older hybrid in for a kiss. Klaus accepted graciously, immediately leaning back to deepen the kiss. Eden leaned up, grabbing onto Klaus for balance. Klaus responded by cupping her face in his right hand as he kissed her softly. It took everything in Klaus' power not to kiss her the way he truly wanted to. An image flashed through his mind that made him gasp slightly. Eden took advantage of this, biting his lip softly as another image ran though Klaus' mind. This time the image went straight past him mind and down to his groin.

"Eden." He growled out as said woman found her hand rubbing at his thigh. He gripped her hand in his and Eden smiled at him in feign innocence.

"Nik." She purred, her eyes glossy from the impure thoughts that she had put in both her and Klaus' brain.

"We mustn't." He told her, deftly maneuvering around her other hand.

"Why not?" She whined. Klaus chuckled before placing Eden's arms down by her waist and cupping her soft face in his hands.

"Because Kitten. When we make love for the first time as man and wife, I want to be able to savor it. You're more than just a quickie, Mrs. Mikaelson." Klaus explained, kissing her nose as she pouted.

"Fine." She grumbled as Klaus turned toward the door.

"It's time love." Klaus pulled Eden with him as he exited the room and the two entered into the courtyard where they were again greeted by the sound of clapping. Klaus led her to the dance floor where music began to play.

"Is it strange, I don't recognize half of the people here." Eden mused. Klaus looked around the room and smirked as he spun Eden around.

"Some of them are friends; allies that I've met through the years. Others are of my sire line, scattered around " He explained, and Eden looked around the room as she took in the many faces in the room. She did a double take when she saw a certain pair of hazel eyes staring back at her. He had a large smirk on his face and when he saw that he had Eden's attention, he put a finger to his lips and winked at her before disappearing. He seemed hauntingly familiar, Eden just wasn't sure from where.