(3.25) The Muskateers

"Niklaus what are you doing?!" Eden demanded to know as she watched Kol scramble up to his feet.

"I no longer have to treat you like anything but the treacherous liar that you are." Klaus seethed, and in confusion, Eden glanced to her fiancée.

"What are you talking about?" Eden asked to the elder hybrid.

"Where is she?" Klaus asked, his voice deathly calm while his icy blue eyes were still trained straight on Kol.

"Please, they'll kill him." Davina begged as she saw the hungry vampires eyeing Kol.

"Well, he should have thought of that before he betrayed our sister." Eden's eyes snapped from Klaus to Kol.

"You did what?" Eden took a step forward but Klaus pushed her back.

"Rebekah never made it to her new body, did she? And seeing as you cast the spell, and well, you're you, I'd hardly call that an uncrackable case." From behind Klaus, Eden was livid. She had been wondering why her cousin had not called her to tell her of Rebekah's arrival and now she knew why.

"Rebekah's fine Nik, it was a prank." Eden groaned, rolling her eyes.

"Not everything is a prank, Kol! Your sister could be God knows where with no way to protect herself seeing as she isn't in her rightful body." Kol stood up defensively.

"It's nothing more than this lot has ever done to me. But I guess it's different when it's one of-Aah!" He rushed forward, his finger aimed toward Klaus until he was halted by the sizzling of his skin.

Klaus tsked. "Barrier's back up, and those vampires look, oh so hungry." Eden glanced behind Kol, watching as Marcel and his goons began to crawl from the crevices of her home.

"I was willing to welcome you back into my home but you had to return to your selfish petty jealousies. Well let's see how you survive when you're stuck in there." Turning on his heels, Klaus swept from the room. Eden gave Kol one last scathing look and followed after Klaus.

"Nik, we have to find Rebekah." The young hybrid said when she caught up to her fiancee'. Klaus was silent for a moment, a loud contrast to the noisy streets surrounding them.

"I want you to go back to the farmhouse." Klaus told her. Eden stopped in her tracks, frowning.

"No, you need me-" Klaus placed a hand on her shoulder, silencing her.

"I need you out of harm's way, and I need you at the farmhouse." Eden opened her mouth to argue, and then hesitated. If she was being honest with herself, she wanted nothing more than to go back to the farmhouse so that she could be with her daughter. Though on the other hand, she knew that if she was missing, Rebekah would do everything in her power to find her. Sighing finally, Eden relented.

"Just, promise me that you'll make sure Rebekah is safe." She begged. Klaus gave her a nod.

"You have my word." Pulling Eden to him, Klaus pressed a kiss to Eden's lips. Eden wrapped an arm around his neck, willing herself to forget the problems surrounding them.

* * *

Eden did not reach the remote location of the farmhouse until the sun was well into the sky. She had been driving all night and if she were still human, she would be downright exhausted. Luckily, her new body was more resilient and she knew that at the least she would be able to last a few more hours.

As Eden pulled up to the house, she saw Jana and Jupiter both sitting on the porch with Haven sitting happily in Jupiter's lap. The baby cooed quietly as her mother got out of the truck; she had yet to notice Eden as she mindlessly tugged at Jupiter's long red tresses.