(3.21) Bonfire

"Curse on the first born, what the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" Rebekah asked Klaus as she watched Eden and Jupiter collect wood for the fire pit that she was building.

"Well according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of the plague. She was taken as payment by our Aunt Dahlia who then cursed all Mikaelson firstborns for eternity." Eden sighed, dropping her handful of branches into the pier in front of her.

"Why am I not surprised that yet another member of your family is trying to kill our daughter?" Eden snapped irritably at Klaus. The hybrid in turn let out a puff of breath; he could say nothing that would counter Eden's statement.

"Are we to believe that there is any truth to this?" Elijah asked his younger brother and Klaus sighed.

"If we're to believe Finn." He muttered and Jupiter placed her hands on her hips.

"Well no wonder he hates us. He lost the sister he adored and got a judgey pack of siblings who find him unbearably dull." Rebekah reflected quietly.

"And is there any chance that Dahlia is going to be up for a family reunion with the lot of you any time soon?" Jupiter asked, glancing from Elijah to Klaus.

"Fable's over a thousand years old. Dahlia is long dead." Elijah reassured the group but Jupiter raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Like your mother?" Jupiter asked, to which Elijah only glanced at her.

"No one's going to hurt Haven because no one is going to find her." Klaus stated, then gesturing toward the mount of wood situated three feet from him. "That's enough wood Rebekah, you're going to burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas. Rebekah rubbed her hands together confidently.

"Well we're just missing a key ingredient." She answered. From the corner of her eye, Eden caught Elijah smirking whilst Klaus shook his head.

"No we're not." Eden raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Yes we are, come on back me up Elijah." Rebekah pleaded.

"I suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes." Elijah teased.

"Okay anyone want to let us know what's going on here?" Eden asked, gesturing between the three Mikaelsons.

"Well," Rebekah began, "Before we light it, we write our wishes down for each other and burn it for good luck." She explained. "It was Kol's favorite part when we were kids."

"All the more reason why we should ignore it." Klaus piped in. Eden placed her hands on her hips, thinking for a moment about the Mikaelson's little ritual.

"Haven's first bonfire season? I like it, we're doing it." She announced, turning on her heels and retreating into the house. To her surprise, she heard the sound of another pair of feet following her and from the scent of the strawberries lingering in the air, she got the sense of who it was.

"Couldn't stand for anymore reunion time?" Eden asked Jupiter as she turned to face her. Jupiter shrugged, catching up to Eden as the two began to walk toward the small play area that Haven was asleep in.

"I was never a fan of the Mikaelsons even before I left." She commented as the two women sat down on the couch across from Haven. Eden glanced at Jupiter, who still had her eyes on Haven even though the small child was perfectly asleep.

"So is this what these last six months have consisted of? Farmhouses and watching her sleep?" Eden asked. Jupiter shook her head, still not taking her eyes off of the youngest Mikaelson.

"Not at all actually. When Rebekah and I first left New Orleans, the first thing we did was argue about where to go." Eden tilted her head to the side slightly, turning her body so that she was facing Jupiter.