(3.43) Paranoia

"It was this witch. Eva. The nasty little cow is inside me, trying to bust her way out." Rebekah griped to Klaus, Eden, and Elijah as they stood in Klaus' study after the tense breakfast they had just left. Eden had only just been informed about the fact that Rebekah was not in complete control over the new body that she had and though she was very much worried about Rebekah's condition, she was running out of room on her list of things that were stressing her out.

"Freya is downstairs. Perhaps-" Elijah began, only for Klaus to cut him off.

"Have you lost your mind? Tell me we're not considering opening our sister's head to someone we barely know." Klaus asked his brother.

"She's trying, Niklaus." Eden interjected.

"She saved me from the Fauline Cottage." Rebekah reminded her brother, clearly just as exasperated as Elijah was about Klaus' reluctance to open up to Freya.

"An act no doubt meant to secure your trust, perhaps for this very moment. To strike while we are vulnerable." Eden ran a hand through her hair in thought as the group continued to bicker. She was not completely sure that she could trust Freya, but the witch also might be the best chance they had.

"Niklaus I understand your concern, both of us are powerless to help our sister. Now either we leave Rebekah to suffer or we place our faith in the hands of someone I believe to be our blood." Elijah reasoned, clearly trying to talk his brother down.

"We have a witch of our own. I'd sooner let Jupiter inside Rebekah's head than this strange woman we have no loyalty to." Klaus fought back but Eden shook her head.

"You sent her off Niklaus, and even if Jupiter is here it would be nice to know that if something went wrong, Freya is there for backup." Eden spoke calmly. Klaus opened his mouth to argue but Eden shook her head. "I'm not saying trust her, I'm saying let her try. If something were to go wrong then we would have someone there to pull her out." There was another silence that settled over the room and then Elijah excused himself.

"Get her here now." Klaus hissed at Eden, referring to her witch friend. Eden rolled her eyes, turning her back to the siblings as she pulled her phone out and sent Jupiter a quick text before she saw Elijah and Freya enter the room.

"Rebekah." Freya smiled fondly at her and Rebekah stood off the couch. "It's good to see you again." The two clasped hands together.

"And you. Though I'd prefer better circumstances." Rebekah admitted as they sat back on the couch.

"You needn't worry. Elijah explained the problem. And I can help." Freya said with confidence.

"Rather confident aren't we?" Klaus muttered from the opposite side of the room. Freya turned to look at Klaus and then with a small sigh she turned back to her sister.

"If you can't play nice then go watch over Haven." Eden scolded, taking the drink out of Klaus' hand and sitting it down.

"The spirit of the host body is powerful, but I can cast a spell. Put you in a deep sleep and then suppress this other essence. You'll be just fine." Freya assured her. While this was taking place, Klaus took his drink back from Eden with a glare and Eden in turn shot him a disproving look as she turned her attention back to Freya.

"Lovely. When do we start?" Rebekah asked.

"You've got to be kidding me." Klaus groaned. "She spouts off some magical diagnosis and we are all supposed to applaud?"

"Nik she's trying to help." Rebekah whined, clearly becoming fed up with her brother's icy demeanor toward Freya.

"Yes, but for the sake of keeping our options open why not write down your spells and incantations? That way we can have them check by a third party. Say Jupiter or Davina, I'm sure given the chance they would both love to prove me wrong." Klaus suggested. Freya looked to her younger brother, shrugging.