(3.17) Hail Mary

Just a little appreciation update to let you guys know how much y'all mean to me. Trust me when I say, I see all of your comments and I love the feedback, even the negative ones. This is actually one of my favorite chapters in the series. I loved writing this so I hope you love it too.

"I can't say this is the way I envisioned myself spending my Friday night." Eden remarked bleakly as she and Jana sat on top of the roof across the building that Cami and Finn were occupying. Finn had taken the human to go see jazz and despite the fact that Eden now lived in its birthplace, she'd never developed an ear for it. So needless to say that the music with the combination of watching Klaus' favorite human made for a very dull night to Eden.

"Oh hush, we won't need to watch for much longer, we just need to make sure that Marcel and Aiden have everything set up." Jana told Eden, but the other brunette was impatient. She had been wanting to tear Finn apart from the moment he belittled her in her home.

"I just got a text from Aiden. They're ready." Jana picked up the large jacket that Marcel had lent the women.

"Here, put this on and make sure that your face is concealed." Eden took the jacket from her hand as Jana put her phone to her ear to make the call to Cami that would put the plan in motion. Once the jacket was on and the hood was up, Eden turned back toward the other building just in time to see Cami step out of the view of Finn. Cami looked around, putting her phone away and Eden could hear the sound of her heart beginning to beat fast the more she anticipated the bite she knew she would have to receive.

In one graceful swoop, Eden jumped from the building and landed right behind Cami. Without waiting for the blonde to turn around, Eden sank her fangs into her. Cami gave out a small cry and Eden immediately knew she should feel guilty about the slight satisfaction of being able to end the woman's life if she wanted to. Once Cami was on the ground, Eden slowed down her drinking, knowing that she was supposed to keep Cami alive and that killing her might put a kink in her plan.

"Hey!" Finn's voice yelled, stopping Eden. Her head snapped towards Finn, taking in the sight of him as she flashed her eyes at him before running back toward the building she had just jumped down from. Once she was up there, she let out a loud whistle, catching the attention of Finn once more so that she could flash her eyes again. As this took place, Eden watched Jana scoop Cami up in her arms and speed off in the opposite direction. When Eden saw them disappear, she ran herself, heading off to their meeting location.

* * *

"Well he bought it. His locator spell will bring him here without the bodyguards." Aiden announced as Eden pulled the hood down from her head and unzipped her jacket. She picked up the gold chalice that sat beside Cami and held it under her wrist as she bit into it. She winced slightly at the feel but ignored it seeing as it wasn't the first time she had felt a bite before.

"I always thought having a woman's mouth on my neck would be erotic." Cami admitted as she took the cup from Eden. Jana let out a small hum as she stood up from one of the pews that she'd been sitting in and smirked down at the other two women.

"Oh trust me, it is." She told the blonde. Eden rolled her eyes at her cousin, watching as the wound on her wrist closed up.

"Go sit down you pervert. And let's turn off these lights." Eden said, the last sentence louder for everyone to hear.

"Okay, tell me the plan one more time." Cami asked Eden. The brunette rolled her eyes inwardly as she turned to Cami.

"Aiden is going to get Vincent to the alter and I'm going to jump him from there. But he's powerful so we only have a few seconds to get the shackles on him." Cami nodded, turning to Eden again.