(3.50) Heart

Come on luv, drink.

That's right, kitten.

The blue irises of Klaus Mikaelson was the first thing that Eden saw when she opened her eyes with a slight gasp. With one hand cradled behind Eden's head, Klaus used the other one to put a finger up to his lips to indicate to Eden the need for silence. Once Klaus saw that Eden understood what he was saying, he bit into his wrist again before holding the bloody limb up to Eden's mouth. Slowly, Eden drank from Klaus as he stroked her hair gently.

"Not too much dear. I need my strength." He whispered in Eden's ear. She found it difficult to listen to this but pulled away slowly as to not hurt him. Taking a moment to look at him Eden noticed the scruffy and pale appearance that she had come to only associate with death. Figuring that she was probably rocking a similar look, the young hybrid put two and two together.

Eden had never been killed before. Yes, she had gotten her neck broken a few times here and there, and she had technically died in childbirth. But this, death, it felt entirely different. From what she could gather, she had experience a true Mikaelson daggering. A stake to the heart. Though she herself had no wound, she saw that Klaus wore one exactly where is heart would be.

"What happened?" Eden asked hoarsely. Klaus shushed his bride, offering his wrist up to Eden again.

"Drink." He ordered, but Eden pushed his wrist down. Taking in the sight around her Eden saw that she was in the compound. She hadn't been there when she died, so that only meant that someone had transported her from Algiers back over the river. At the thought of the city, Eden's brain went straight to her last moments.

"The baby." She whispered softly. Klaus looked from the door back to Eden. He needed to get them out of the compound before the others saw that they were awake. Though he'd have a much quicker time of it if Eden did as he instructed.

"They daggered me, and they must have somehow found a way to tie the two of us together. Not that it's hard. I can name a thousand spells to link husband and wife." Klaus rambled. As Eden looked around the room, the elder hybrid put a hand to her chin to bring her attention back to him.

"Eden, I need you to listen to me, and I need you to listen to me carefully." He told her slowly. Eden shook her head, trying to climb out of the coffin again.

"I need my baby." Eden repeated. Klaus stopped her, putting his hands on either side of her as she tried to struggle.

"Eden, stop." Klaus hissed, steadying his wife. "If you want to get our daughter back then you need to listen." Eden paused, her heart still tugging.

"What?" She snapped back.

"Dahlia brought me inside her head. She showed me things and she taught me a few valuable anecdotes in the process. We need to go and meet her." He told her. Eden immediately returned to struggling as Klaus strengthened his grip.

"Eden, I don't have time to explain everything but I need you to trust me. I will not let any harm come to our daughter." He promised her.

"For months we've been fighting against Dahlia and now you want me to trust that the only way to keep Haven safe is by delivering her to that-" Klaus placed a finger to Eden's lip to quiet her.

"Eden." He said quietly. "Trust. Me." Klaus repeated. For another moment Eden was quiet. She was highly apprehensive about what Klaus was asking and absently wondered if he'd hit his head too hard.

"As soon as we are somewhere you will explain to me?" Eden asked him. Klaus let go of her arms and held a hand out for her to take.

"You will have your daughter in your arms by the end of the night." He promised. Eden bit her lip, pausing slightly before she finally took his hand and climbing out of the coffin. Once Eden had her feet on the ground she looked toward her husband.

"Where do we go?" Eden asked, but Klaus seemed preoccupied with something else. His head was turned toward the door and it was clear that he must have been listening to whatever noise was on the other side. Becoming increasingly worried about how tense his shoulders were getting, Eden pushed a lock of hair behind her ear and listened herself. After a few beats, she recognized that it was a phone call and that the voice on the other end belonged to Jana.

"...All of Haven's life, her family has tried to destroy her. That cannot be her story. Family is supposed to love you. Even if she is still free of Dahlia's firstborn curse, Haven would still be Klaus' daughter. My cousin can't see that and her obsession to keep this family together would be Haven's undoing. Haven doesn't deserve to be a Mikaelson...." Jana's voice cracked as she took a breath. "Jupiter and I will take care of her until she's a little older and then Jupiter will break the bind that holds Klaus and Eden. She can join us then. Elijah, goodbye."

By the time the voicemail ended, tears were already falling down Eden's face. Her knees began to wobble and she would have lost her balance if not for Klaus having steadied her. Haven was being taken from Eden again and it was her best friends who had betrayed her.

"She's right Elijah." Eden heard Rebekah say and her heart cracked more. Scooping Eden up in his arms, Klaus left the compound. Snuggling into Klaus' shirt, Eden sobbed. She hated that this was her initial reaction and she was envious that Klaus was still moving as she suddenly felt that a ton of bricks were weighing her down.

As they came upon the entrance to Lafayette Cemetery, Klaus slowed to a stop. He sat Eden down on her feet and leaned back against the wall as he caught his breath. Subconsciously, Eden felt guilty because she knew that Klaus was expending most of his already low energy to make sure that Eden was taken care of. But with the voicemail ringing back in her ears every five seconds all of her energy remained on not crumpling to the floor to cry again.

Once Klaus was steady enough, he pulled Eden to him and took her face in his hands. Gently, he brushed away the tears that were running down Eden's face and in return the brunette tried to stop crying so much.

"Save your tears love, my promise to you still stands." He whispered.

Eden shook her head. "They're gone." She whined. The elder hybrid released her and slid his hand down into hers.

"We won't let them get far." He said, pulling her into the cemetery. Still sniffling, Eden let him lead her through the maze of crypts before they came across the one that he was looking for. As they stepped inside the tomb, Eden could hear movement coming from who she could only guess to be Dahlia. Klaus' grip loosened on Eden's hand and she let it fall as they rounded the corner and came face to face with the witch.

"I knew you were the smartest of your siblings. No brute Viking blood in those veins. I'm glad to see you made the right decision." Dahlia praised. Her eyes flickered to Eden. "And I'm happy you are following your husband." Eden rolled her eyes internally as she kept looking at Klaus for some sense of direction.

"I never really cared much for the company my wife keeps, but there's one thing you should know. The rest of my family will stand against us in defense of them." Klaus spit out. Dahlia was thoughtful for a moment before she spoke.

"Well we'll have to go through them. Are you prepared for that?" Dahlia asked him. With a resolved look on his face Klaus spoke.

"They have more than earned everything that is to come." He answered, and then fell to his knees.

"We need to hurry. Even now they are attempting to flee with my child." Another ping of misery whipped through Eden's heart at the fresh reminder of this already grim night. Eden wasn't sure how they had gotten to this point, but the narrative that she would put Klaus before her child enraged her.

Eden had done nothing but think of Haven and had been willing to call off her wedding if it meant that she was safe and her cousin and best friend were judging her? Neither of them had children and they were essentially calling the hybrid a bad mother. She did not want to fight them, but she saw it no other way as she was going to get her daughter back.

"You needn't worry. They won't get far tonight." Dahlia told the couple. Eden watched Dahlia work as she stirred blood inside a wooden bowl and whispered a quiet chant before the sound of thunder ripped through the sky.