(3.51) Dog Days

Hunger. Absolute hunger was coursing through Eden's veins. As much as she was usually against killing her prey, the famine would not grant neither her or her victims this mercy.

Feeding had always been something of a delicacy for Eden. Something that was growing increasingly common was the ability to feed off her enemies which would effectively satisfy her diet as well as take more pieces off the board. Another way that Eden would usually get her meals were from her own husband. It was something that he'd taught her and it was now more than anything a form of intimacy for the pair. But the small amount of times Eden fed on innocent people were surprisingly slim compared to the others.

"You must be hungry, considering what you have endured." Dahlia mused after Eden had dropped the body of her second victim. The Latina wiped the corner of her mouth, her voice frigid as she spoke.

"Are you counting these past few months as well?" She asked. Dahlia made a small humming noise in response before turning to examine Klaus.

"I've never been daggered. Never knew it was such an agonizing experience. It does help explain why my siblings loathe me." He then turned to look at Eden.

"I'm sorry you had to experience that with me." His voice was apologetic, and Eden accepted it graciously.

"For better or worse." She mumbled, reminding him of their vows.

"You two will need your strength for what's to come. I suggest you replenish yourselves before the storm." Dahlia warned. She turned to show the pair the group of people that Eden had noticed had been standing in front of them. With a rueful feeling settling over her head, Eden complied.

* * *

"Niklaus please." Eden begged once her and Klaus were granted a moment alone. They were standing outside of St. Anne's, leaving Dahlia to prepare alone. This was the second time that Eden had tried to get Klaus to leave with her and she was growing increasingly worried about his reluctance to leave.

"You haven't told me anything about your plan and you want me to follow you and Dahlia around aimlessly. I want my daughter back and I don't want to keep waiting." She lamented.

"Patience is key darling. I need you to trust that I am doing what's best for our family. I know that you want nothing more than to go and find her but this is the best way to make sure that our family is safe. And that we are standing complete again by the end of the night." Klaus reassured her.

"What are you planning for our family then?" Eden asked Klaus. She couldn't pretend that she was ignorant to the conversation that Dahlia and Klaus had had earlier, but she wanted to know just how far Klaus was going to take this.

"I'm going to make sure that they know who Haven's parents are, once and for all." He answered vaguely. To this, Eden was soothed. Admittedly, she did not want anyone in her family to die, but they certainly deserved to pay for the way they had taken Haven from them. Though if she were being honest with herself, she worried most for Jupiter. The Mikaelson siblings quarreled like no other and Jana was Eden's cousin but Jupiter was no related through blood or marriage and seeing as her and Klaus had a long standing rivalry Eden would have to make sure that the witch survived the night. No matter how angry she was with her.

"Now, I must go and visit Marcellus. He plays a special role in our plans and Dahlia and I need to see that it happens. Stay out of sight until I call for you." He instructed.

"Niklaus I will not just sit out-" Klaus stopped her.

"I'm not asking you to sit this out Eden. Go down to the bayou and keep track of our daughter. Do not engage, observation only." Eden shook her head.