(3.11) Midnight Memories

"Brother! Niklaus!" Elijah Mikaelson screamed, storming through the compound and alerting everyone who was in the vicinity of who he was looking for.

"Elijah you do realize that literally everyone in this house has supernatural hearing right? If your brother was here, he would have responded by now." Eden said to the original as she padded down the stairs. Elijah watched her walk down the stairs, clad in a white cropped shirt that hung off her right shoulder with a pair of boxers that obviously belonged to Klaus but she'd opted to wear as shorts. On her feet, she had a pair of socks that rose all the way up to her knees with her hair braided down her back in two sections. Absently, Elijah thought that it gave the girl a more adolescent look.

"Where is my brother?" He asked, completely disregarding Eden's comment.

"Why don't you use this nifty little invention called a phone, I'm pretty sure you were around when they were created." Eden replied, her tone snarky.

"Eden this city is under siege by an army of beasts that my mother commands. Considering it was your people who declared war on my kind, perhaps now isn't the best time for your particular brand of sass." Eden raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms together.

"He left a while ago, off to find the barmaid, Cami. As to where exactly he went, I have no idea. Might want to give one of those phone things a try." She turned on her heels, about to walk away when she halted.

"Oh and Elijah," Eden called as she turned back around to face him. "Those beasts you're referring to, I'm one of them now. So if I find out that any of them end up dead, you'll have me to deal with." Without another word, the brunette went up the stairs and out of the room.

Eden had not been in the best of moods that morning. She missed her daughter dearly and for some reason it felt like today she could feel her more than ever. She missed Haven. She missed her horribly, and even now with the ever growing lists of problems in the city, she wanted nothing more than to run to her baby girl.

Her feet carried her into her shared room with Klaus, and into the attached room that was supposed to act as the room to her daughter. Eden stepped inside, sucking in a shaky breath as she was engulfed in the memories of what occurred in this very room four months ago. She took a step in the direction of the large crib, reaching inside of it to pick up the small white blanket that had been abandoned by Haven on the night of her departure. Her stomach began to churn as she held the small object in her hand; she had only stepped in here once since her daughter left the city. With great difficulty, Eden brought the blanket to her nose, and breathed in the scent of the blanket. The smell was faint, so faint that she would not have been able to pick up on it with her human nose. But Eden's hybrid nose could just make out the smell of strawberries. This scent was Jupiter's, that she was sure of as even in her human life Jupiter always smelled of them. The other scent was odd, as though it was a mixture of her own scent, (a combination of tulips and marshmallows according to Klaus) and that of her future husband's (Eden's new nose had come to know that it was woodsy, with the mixture of his aftershave). The combination together made Eden's eyes tear up, as she assumed that it must have been her daughter. No doubt she would have her own scent now, but back then, when she was new, she smelt of the two of them combined.

Eden sat in the rocking chair behind her, holding the blanket to her still as she sighed. She felt so much older than she was, and she theorized that maybe it had something to do with all the trauma she had faced the past year and a half. Closing her eyes, she sat back in the chair. If Eden sat perfectly still she could almost feel her baby in her arms. She could-

"On a boat on my sailing ship on my own..." Startled, Eden's eyes snapped open. Her eyes were immediately greeted with darkness, though it wasn't complete darkness. Judging from the sounds of cicadas, she was outside. Her eyes searched for the voice again, as she was now hearing it more clearly than ever. The area was vageuly familiar, and after a few moments of looking around, Eden knew that she was on some back road in Mystic Falls. She figured that this must be one of her memories flooding back to her due to her vampire transformation. Eden's memories had been coming back a lot more slower than she had expected, and it was Elijah that had told her that there was no set time that all her memories would return, that they would just return with certain triggers; she wondered what triggered this one.