(3.38) The Mikaelson Family

Just casually up at seven in the morning to give you this extremely tearful update because wow I was emotional writing this.

At the sound of the music change, Andrew and Stiles settled Eden in front of the entrance and Eden took a slow panicked breath. She was about to take the most important walk of her life and her feet felt like stone against the floor.

"I can't do it." She whispered in a panic. Andrew put her arm in his elbow, securing her to him. He had imagined this day for a very long time now, and though it was not under the circumstances he had hoped, he would make sure that his daughter would get to the man she loved.

"Eden." Andrew said softly, calling her attention to him. Eden looked back at her father, his soft green eyes slightly wet from his emotions.

"You've done what most people spend their entire lives trying to do. You have found someone that will spend the rest of his life with you. And you were so lucky to find him when you did. All you have to do now, is walk to him." He told his daughter. Eden smiled, her eyes watering as she stood on her toes and placed a kiss on his cheek. Andrew smiled, before nodding to his son over Eden's head to take his sister's hand. Stiles locked his arm into Eden's and with a deep breath, Eden steadied herself.

"Don't let me trip." She begged them, earning a snicker from Stiles.

"You're going to have to walk up the stairs alone." He teased back as they began walking.

Eden let her family guide her down the aisle; she was too busy staring at the room around her. The guests were standing, most faces she recognized and a few were some she had never seen before. Toward the back stood some of the wolves in her new pack and further up in the crowd, she spotted Hayley and Jackson standing together. Hayley gave Eden a small smile and Eden returned it. She then saw Marcel and Gia were also in attendance and standing next to Marcel was Davina. She was smiling at Eden but Eden saw the sadness in her face.

She found it a little hard to watch the girl for long, turning away and to her surprise, she saw some very some very familiar faces looking back at her in the crowd. Matt, Caroline, and Jeremy stood in the crowd, waking at Eden. An intense weight that Eden had not known was on her heart lifted and it was all she could do not to stray her course. The closer Eden got to her destination, the more she realized she was looking at everyone but the one person that she desperately wanted to see. 

Klaus was standing at the top of the stairs already, staring down at Eden with a small smile on his face and if it wasn't for her brother and father's grip then she would have run the rest of the way to him. Jana met them at the end of stairs, standing with a grin on her face. Stiles was the first to let go of his sister's arm, placing a kiss on her forehead before backing up into the observing crowd. Andrew was next, letting go of Eden's arm before smiling at her and joining his wife and the mother of his children in the crowd.

"Remember to smile." Jana told Eden when it was just the two of them. Eden stuck her tongue out and handed over her bouquet before she alone was standing in front of the stairs. She took a breath and placed her hand on the rail as she began her ascend up the stairs.

It was nerve wracking how many stairs kept her from the man she loved; they gave her time to doubt. Maybe Eden wouldn't make a good wife. After all, Klaus had loved many women before her and yet none of them were chosen for marriage. It was depressing how beautiful some of those women were and yet he'd chosen Eden to spend the rest of eternity with. There was no way that Eden could live up to the expectation of a wife, and if she ran now then maybe she would be able to save him the heartbreak he'd surely have-

Once Eden made it to the top of the stairs, every doubt melted away. Klaus was beaming at her so brightly that Eden could only return his gaze the best she could. He was dressed in head to toe black with the small exception of a pale gray bow tie. Eden was breathless at the sight of him and when he winked at her, her heart melted. Klaus reached his hands out, and Eden looked up at him before looking down at his hands and sliding hers in his.