(3.42) Backstory

"There you are, finally." Came Klaus' voice as he watched his brother walk into the dining room. Elijah hung his jacket up on the coat hook as his eyes settled over the table set in front of him.

"I was delayed." Elijah explained simply as Klaus cracked a smile.

"Our guest of honor will be here momentarily." Klaus told him as he leaned against the back of the chair he intended to sit in. Elijah raised an eyebrow as he looked around the room.

"Strange. The house is conspicuously absent of our more feminine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account." Klaus chuckled.

"I sent Jana and her witch friend off to spend the day with the wolves to scout the limits of their new abilities. I tried sending off the Queen as well but-"

"But she just loves her palace too much." Eden said as she waltzed in, clad in black jeans, ankle boots and an oversized gray knit sweater. As she entered the room, Klaus smiled lightly.

"She wouldn't leave?" Elijah guessed and Eden held up a finger.

"Niklaus sent my friends to spy on the wolves before I could warn them because I graciously declined his offer to send the wolves after Mikael." Eden told Elijah.

"I needed the space to handle family business as I see fit as well as the fact that I wouldn't trust putting Freya and Jupiter in the same room together yet." Klaus explained to the pair.

"Because he knows that they might very likely turn him into a frog." Eden joked, earning a smile from Elijah as she took her seat in one of the chairs.

"Well in the end we might need them both." Elijah told Eden before he turned back to his brother. "Rebekah's situation has taken a turn for the worse. We may need Freya's assistance, so whatever you're planning here, don't." He warned his younger brother.

"All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out" He told the room, to which his wife scoffed.

"Yet, it seems like every time you want to pick a fight, you invite them to this very table." Eden observed. "If this situation that Rebekah is in does require some serious magic then we need to have both Jupiter and Freya ready to help. So again Niklaus, don't poke the bear." Eden said, her eyes still on Klaus.

"Well on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect our daughter, I prefer she share it on my terms." He paused. "Ah, I think I hear her now." Sure enough, just as Klaus said this, Freya came around the corner.

"Sister! Well don't just stand there, make yourself comfortable." Freya gave her younger brothers a coy smile but nevertheless accepted the invitation as she stepped inside. She walked around the room slowly, her green eyes scanning the room before she came upon the sight of an art piece.

"This witch hoop, it's Danish." She observed as she held it up in her nimble fingers, "Is it from when you all lived in Copenhagen in the 1500's?" She asked the Mikaelson brothers. Questions like this made Eden feel...small. She knew that her new family were immortal creatures, but it still sometimes shocked her that the family had been alive for so long. Although the only thing that seemed to comfort her in that panic was remembering her (technical) time traveling when she first met Klaus.

"Quite the eye." Klaus complimented.

"Forgive me are were here to discuss family heirlooms, or do we have more pressing concerns?" Elijah interrupted, clearly irritated with the lack of urgency coming from his little brother.

"Please excuse my brother's lack of decorum. He's been in a foul mood of late." Klaus apologized, although Eden saw that it earned a scowl from Elijah. "But he is right. I did ask you here in the hopes that you would share some of Dahlia's secrets." Klaus admitted.