(3.16) Guilt

Guilt was an emotion that Eden had found herself feeling less of since her transition into a hybrid. She'd come to terms with her new status and though she wasn't nearly as quick to kill as Klaus was, Eden also didn't feel much like she owed her victims anything. She knew how to feed without killing and the ones that she did kill were only killed because they had something to do with her daughter being taken from her.

That being said, Eden still found herself feeling guilty at a few trivial things. Such as hearing her cousin cry all morning and not going to figure out what the cause was.

Eden had not meant to purposely ignore her cousin's misery, she just got caught up with tending to the wolves that inhabited her home, and when she was done with that, she felt like she needed to see Elijah for herself. The original was covered in sweat and despite the fact that Eden wiped it off for him, he was only covered in it once again moments later. Eden wasn't sure what was wrong with him but seeing as Klaus was not around, she figured that the only person who would know besides him was Jana.

Jana herself was sitting at her vanity in only a robe. Her eyes were puffy and her nose was red and though Eden wanted to ask Jana what it was that ailed Elijah, she said nothing. Jana caught Eden's reflection in her mirror, and instead of putting on a brave face for Eden, she only sniffled. Eden sighed, walking forward so that she stood behind Jana. Looking down, Eden saw that her hair was still damp and knotted from her shower and so she picked up the brush and dutifully began brushing Jana's hair. The two were quiet at first, with Eden making sure that she was gentle with Jana and Jana making small sniffling noises. Soon though, after Eden was sure that Jana's hair was brushed out, she knew that now was the time to speak.

"I know why it is that you cry Jana, but unfortunately, I don't know why it is that you cry so much." Eden told her cryptically, her eyes trained on Jana's. The older Latina said nothing at first, her eyes downcast on her hands, but after a moment, she looked up at Eden.

"I guess that's fair. I haven't exactly been open with you this last year." She countered. Eden sighed, sitting the brush back on the vanity before she sat on the bed and looked at her older cousin.

"That's true. But I've been a bit self-centered as well. What with everything that happened with Nik and then me getting pregnant with Haven. I was just as absent to you as you were to me. And poor Jupiter, she was always here at our beck and call when I didn't even care to ask her about her own problems adjusting." Eden admitted. Jana raised an eyebrow, turning in her seat so that she was facing Eden.

"Jupiter never blamed you Eden. We had many talks about this place; about this family. It's no secret that Jupiter would have rather been anywhere else but here, but she also wouldn't have left if it wasn't for you sending her away to keep Haven safe." Eden's heart clenched at the thought of her friend. She missed Jupiter almost as much as she missed Haven.

"If anything that makes me feel worse. I knew that Jupiter hated Nik, and yet I pushed the two of them to get along." Eden ran a hand through her hair in frustration. Frustration at herself for being so selfish this past year.

"Jupiter never felt forced to stay here Eden. She came and went as she pleased and yes she didn't like the Mikaelsons but she dealt with them for us, and for Haven." Eden was quiet for a moment, observing her cousin and how much she had changed in the last year herself.

"I miss her." Eden whispered. Jana nodded in agreement.

"Have you heard from her?" Jana asked Eden, the other brunette shook her head.

"It's risky enough for me to be contacting Dimi and Rowan. Rowan doesn't tell me anything about Jupiter and since Stiles and her don't know each other, he can only give me vague responses." Jana nodded in understanding and the two fell back into another silence. After about five minutes of sitting quietly, Eden looked to Jana again.