(3.23) Reunited

"Look who's awake." Eden mumbled happily the next morning as she saw Haven sitting up in her playpen. At the sight of her mother Haven cooed and Eden smiled before picking her up.

"How are you this morning?" Eden asked the baby, though she knew that Haven could not answer her. Nevertheless Eden ran a hand through her daughter's messy hair and inhaled the smell of eggs cooking. Knowing that it could not be Jupiter cooking as she had passed the sleeping girl's room on the way downstairs, she could only guess it was one other person.

"Your uncle seems to be cooking up something amazing, maybe your mama could sneak you a bite of food, what do you think hija?" When Eden heard the name, she stopped suddenly, surprised at how natural it sounded to her. She had never put much thought about nicknames for Haven, but now that she had said it, it was almost like she would never stop.

Making her way into the kitchen, Eden was greeted with the sight of Elijah whipping eggs together in a small glass bowl. Eden held Haven up for her to see.

"You see that Haven, your uncle seems to be a bit of natural at all things. Remember this in fifteen or so years when he's breathing down your neck about your piano lessons." Eden teased playfully, making her way over to Elijah to grab a berry off of his cutting board.

"Yes and it seems I will also have to teach her not to stick her hands in the food that others are preparing." He gave Eden a playfully look and Eden blushed as Elijah placed a kissed on Haven's head.

"What are you doing cooking anyways, shouldn't you be out hunting for a nice librarian?" Eden taunted, plucking the fruit into her mouth before biting down. Elijah wiped his hands on his dish towel before turning to look at Eden.

"I could ask you the same question, though I figured that you and our other human house guest may want scrambled eggs for breakfast and not the blood of a small town hick." Eden shrugged, hearing the sound of a car off in the distance.

"You may be right about that. Either way I'm grateful." The sound of the car was getting closer, and as such Eden knew that it could only belong to Rebekah or Klaus and seeing as neither of them came home last night she was hoping that it would be a combination of the two.

"Looks like Daddy's home." Eden told Haven, poking at her sides and making the baby giggle. Walking over to the door, Eden pulled it open and almost felt her eyes turn a different shade at the sight of Camille O' Connell with Klaus.

"Oh my God." Cami whispered, and for a moment Eden forgot that Cami's surprise did not come due to her, but to the small child wrapped in Eden's arms.

"Camille, this is Haven." Klaus introduced, a small smile on his face. The sound of another car door slammed and Eden looked away from Cami, relieved to find that Jana was standing behind her.

"Haven." Jana breathed out, using her super speed to run up the steps and take her from Eden's arms without hesitation.

"I thought-she was-" Cami stumbled as Eden looked between her and Jana, who was now showering the baby in kisses, much to Haven's delight.

"In order to keep her safe, we had to convince the world of her death." Klaus explained. Eden placed her hands on her hips.

"Which is why I'm confused that she's here." Eden spoke coolly. Klaus sent Eden a sharp look, but Eden only kept her stoic stance.

"She needs to be kept safe from Finn." He explained, and though Eden wanted to say more, she knew that she shouldn't and so she swallowed her pride and turned back to Jana.

"Come on, I'm sure you're going to want to see the other house guest we have." Without sparing another glance at Klaus or Cami, Eden led Jana into the house and shut the door behind them.