(3.46) Possession

"Well Señora Mikaelson, now that we finally have time to let Haven out, where would you like to go?" Jana asked her cousin as her, Eden and Haven strolled along Bourbon Street. Eden glanced around momentarily before she looked to Jana.

"Actually, Senorita Martinez, I would like to talk about what's been going on with you and a certain vampire here lately." At the mention of Elijah, Jana scoffed.

"I was waiting." She mumbled as Eden chuckled before they approached a street musician. The tune was light and upbeat and Eden and the violinist locked eyes as she began to play louder as if she too wanted to catch the baby's attention. Eden smiled at her as she bent down to see if Haven was watching her.

"And now I'm waiting." Eden responded, pulling a twenty out of her pocket and putting it into the case. The woman smiled at her, nodding her head in thanks as she saw the money.

"Not much to talk about." Jana said stiffly, to which Eden scoffed.

"I beg to differ," Eden started as the two began to walk away from the musician. "Elijah didn't just up and move to Algiers for nothing. And he told me-" Eden stopped suddenly. Behind her, the music had shifted to a bleak tone, which was a sharp contrast to what it had been.

"Eden?" Jana called, looking at her cousin in confusion.

"That song." Eden whispered. Something about the morbid tune was familiar and unsettling. Eden turned to look at the musician and saw that she was surprisingly already staring back at her. Shaking the feeling off, Eden continued on her walk with her cousin. As they walked, Eden took notice of the restaurant to the right of her. Standing out front she saw a waiter who had just finished writing on the board when Eden took notice of what it said.

'A promise made is a debt to be paid.' She read to herself. Beginning to feel uneasy, Eden continued on down the street and tried to listen to whatever Jana was now saying.

"Flowers Miss? A gift for the child." A man was blocking Eden's path as he held out a single flower in his hand. Eden shook her head.

"No we're fine. Thank you though." She said politely, trying to move past the man only for him to step in front of her again.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely." He tried again.The word 'dahlia' made Eden uneasy and she wanted nothing more than to break this man's neck for even using it. Instead, Eden chose to ignore him as she redirected Haven's stroller and began to walk again. Although before she got the chance to take off, the man grabbed her by the arm. The hybrid looked down at her arm and then back up at the man only to be surprised when she saw that his eyes were white. Before Eden was able to react, he was being held by the throat by none other than her husband who she had the sneaking suspicion had been following her anyways.

"Show yourself witch." He growled out as he squeezed the man's throat in his hand. Eden turned from Klaus to Jana, wondering if she was still behind them only to find that she was now sporting the same eye color the man with the flowers just had.

"Jana?" Eden called. Jana's face was emotionless, void of all expression as she stared back at Eden blankly.

"I am here, I am everywhere." She said, her voice a monotone.

"Nik!" The hybrid in questioned turned at the sound of his wife's voice.

"I intend to take what is mine." Jana continued.

"It's her." Klaus surmised. There was a pause and then Jana was blinking as she looked between Klaus and Eden.

"What happened?" She asked, but neither hybrid made a move to answer.