(3.36) ...And Something Blue

You guys please don't hate me for not updating as frequently as I used to but I'm making it up to you because these next few chapters are going to be on the longer side.

At exactly ten o' clock in the morning the next day, Eden awoke from her slumber. Taking a deep breath she sat up in the bed and observed the room around her. Jana laid in bed next to her, her legs splayed out across Eden's just as they did when they were young children. Jupiter on the other hand, looked as though she had simply closed her eyes instead of being asleep. The hybrid let out a sleepy yawn and contemplated going back to sleep before the door burst open.

"Good morning ladies!" Marie announced as her and her sister came bustling in the room. At the sound of her mother's voice, Jana's eyes popped open and she shot up in the bed. Glancing at the time, she stretched as she climbed out of bed and went to shake Jupiter awake. Eden on the other hand, made her way toward Selena, who also happened to be carrying her granddaughter in her arms.

"Buenos dias mija." Selena greeted Eden, her voice low. Eden sent her mother a small smile as her eyes fixated on her baby. Haven looked at Eden curiously and Eden smiled in return. Just as Eden went to take her baby, Jana put a hand on her shoulder.

"No ma'am, I need you in the shower. We're on a time limit and it's my job to get everything done." The Latina rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure we can spare five minutes-" Jana shook her head, pulling Eden away from both Selena and Haven.

"No, we cannot. If we stray even two minutes off the course then it puts us behind on the whole schedule. Go shower." Jana instructed. With a groan, Eden complied. She was in the shower no more than twenty minutes before her cousin came in, telling her that she only had a few more minutes before she would come turn the water off.

"Jana are you going to be a drill instructor all day or are you going to save time to act like a normal person?" Eden asked her cousin as she ran a brush through her hair after she had exited the bathroom, clad only in a robe. This time, she let nothing stop her from taking her daughter.

"I'm only keeping you on a schedule dear cousin, you'll thank me later." Jana told her smugly as she ushered Eden down into the chair in front of her vanity.

"Jana on a schedule and Eden not rushing? I think the world might be spinning the other way, manita." Marie joked, elbowing her sister with a smile.

"Alright so while Jupiter does Eden's hair, Mom and I are going to go pick up the dresses and I'm sending Marcel out to pick up the tuxes." Jana spoke aloud, mentally checking things off her lists. Eden was only halfway listening; Haven was now swinging around one of the brushes she had managed to snag off the vanity. Eden ducked just as Haven swung the brush around, and Eden gently grabbed it from her.

"She's a very advance babe Eden." Selena commented to her daughter as Jupiter started on Eden's hair. Eden tensed slightly, the last thing she needed was Selena questioning Haven's advance progression.

"She's a smart girl." Eden said vaguely, shutting down the conversation before it could go any further. A calm silence set over the room as Selena began working on her own hair in the mirror of the wardrobe. Eden watched as Jupiter's hands move deftly through Eden's hair. She twisted and weaved Eden's hair into a large bun at the base of her neck. She kept the style neat and simple. There was a few strands that Jupiter had began pulling out of her bun and the she began to bobby pin a few wayward pieces.

"We're back!" Jana announced as she barged into the room with at least four garment bags and three shoe boxes in her arms. Marie came trailing behind her with three of her own bags and two boxes in her arms as well. Selena went to take some of the weight off of her niece. Eden watched from the mirror, and when she saw the name on the bags, her eyes bulged.