Chapter 1

Sitting in school at my desk in the back, boys and girls around the room snicker at me. I have my black sweatshirt on along with my jeans.

Pulling on my hood, I slide my earbuds in as I blast my music. Resting my chin on my hand, I stare out the window at the suddenly stormy day.

Feeling something hit my head, I look down to see a piece of crumpled up paper. I un-crumple it as I read it.

'Your such a slut!'

(Edit 9/5/20; it's 'you're' sweaty❤️)

'Go jump off a building!'

'I hope your life turns shitty as hell!'

(Edit 9/5/20; girl what—😭)

Written in red marker I just crumple it up and throw it out the opened window. My face remains emotionless as inside my heart shrinks.

I sit back down in my seat as my music seemingly kept getting farther and farther away. Suddenly a teacher comes into the room.

"(F/n) (L/n), the principal is requesting for your presence." Getting up from my seat, I go over to the door and open it as all eyes are on me. I close it behind me and start to walk down the tiled halls.

A girl that's known all around the school stops me as I had accidentally bumped into her and her minions as they stand beside her.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?!" She puts her hand on her hip as she looks at me like she wants to choke me.

"I'm sorry your highness," I emphasize on the last word as her ugly face tries to stare me down. Sighing I walk away towards the principal's office.
-•-
Standing in front of the principal's door, I breathe in before I knock on the door. "J-Just hold on one moment." His voice echoes through the room as laughter erupts.

Standing next to the door, I lean against the wall and fold my arms as I wait. 10 or so minutes later he finally calls out that I can enter.

I open the door as I mutter a small, "Excuse me..." I go in as I stand next to the door. "Ah! (F/n)! My best student!" I stand there completely silent as his face darkens and his face goes serious.

"Please. Have a seat. You're going to need too." Nodding I sit down as I watch him. He opens his mouth to speak as it becomes quiet.

"I-I...sigh...your family was caught up in a shooting. They were all killed." My eyes widen as a lump forms in my throat. My body starts to tremble as tears form in my eyes.

He looks at me sympathetically as he continues to just watch me as my life crumbles before me.
Sure my mom had each child from another man, but she still gave us a roof to live under.

She had always brought home another man each night. Me and my siblings kept up late listening to their howls and lewd noises.

And afterward we'd have to clean up the mess and I'd cook. Sure my mother got drunk every other night, but it never mattered to us.

As long as we had her we were fine.

We were...fine...r-right?