Chapter 3

It's been a few days since I found out about my family. I still live under that tree. Skipping school too. That's okay. I was going to graduate early anyways. Go to college and get a masters degree in graphic design. Get a good job and support my family. But it didn't turn out that way...my world crumbled along with my heart.

Never will I love someone again. I can't take that pain. It's really late. The stars are shining in the sky like diamonds. The midnight sky. The nice fresh air.

Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder as I look up. A boy in about his 20s or so stands there. He had a black hat on and a white t-shirt on. A grey button-up cardigan with black jeans and green converse. He has short black hair and brown eyes.

"Hey, why are you out here at 2 in the morning? A girl as young as you should be at home." My face darkens as I reply, "I can watch out for myself thank you." Going into my bag I pull out an apple I stole from the grocery store and chomp down. "Hey, do you live out here?" Looking down a bit I nod.

'And why the hell am I telling this to a stranger?!'

He continues to stare at me with a soft gaze as I keep flickering my gaze at him. "Come on. I'll take you home with me and give you a warm place to stay. Food and all the other essentials." Looking at him I glare.

"You seriously think that face of yours totally doesn't say 'Child Molester' all over it?" He chuckles a bit as he spouts, "I live with my aunt and younger brother."

Rolling my eyes I stand up as I spat, "Okay but if I scream, it's not my fault. Just spit on my grave afterward would ya?" He stands up as I pull my backpack over my shoulder.

"So what's your name?" He asks as we start to walk. "(F/n) (L/n). Yours?" He smiles down at me. "Tadashi Hamada. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too, Tadashi."