Chapter 53

I lie in bed back at the cafe. Burns cover my arms with slight bruises and cuts. I bite my lip in annoyance.

Pulling my shirt down farther covering my arms. I move an arm to my forehead. Covering my bright (E/c) eyes.

A small light illuminates the room. I hear Hiro typing away on his computer. I hear his computer chair creaking as he lets out a deep sigh.

Hearing him get up, he walks towards the divider and slides it open just enough for him to peep inside.

"You okay? You've been really quiet. You haven't been this quiet since...never..." I snicker a bit as a small tear runs down my cheek.

"Shit..." I mutter under my breath. I turn my head and sniff slightly.
"H-Hey, uh what's wrong?!" I hear Hiro's light footsteps rush over as he begins to freak out.

I immediately wipe away the tears and sit up giving him a forced closed eye smile. "Of course I'm fine! I wouldn't lie. What purpose would I have lying to you?"

Opening my eyes again, he looks at me with concern clouding his eyes. "I told you...I'm fine..!" I see his hands ball into fists as he looks down. His raven hair covering his eyes.

"Stop...just...just stop lying...it kills me seeing you in obvious pain...I can tell. So stop lying!" My eyes are wide at this point. I chuckle a bit as a small tear slides down his flushed cheek.

He quickly wipe it away as he begins to sniffle. I run a hand through my hair before bringing it to his cheek.

"It's okay...I'm fine....your the one that needs all my attention. I can't take my eyes off you for one second before you go and do something. So stop crying. Nerd." I hear him chuckling as his other hand travels to my cheek.

"Your one to talk..." We both look up at the same time to notice how close we are. We immediately blush as red as a cherry.

My heart starts to race in my chest like I'd just gone on a 3 mile run. His face so close I feel his hot breath on my face.

His lips look so soft at the moment....He begins to lean in unconsciously. As do I.

Suddenly the bedroom door is opened with a loud creak. "Hiro? (F/n)?" We immediately pull away flushing. I jump off the bed and go over to the divider and peek over.

"We're over here! Just talking about a project." Aunt Cass smiles. Her brown hair swaying with her movements.

"Okay. I just wanted to let you two know that dinners done." I nod as she closes the door behind her. I feel Hiro's hand on my shoulder as I flinch.

"Ah...sorry...." I turn around and smile. My cheeks heating up again. "I wanted to...a-apologize...that was out of my...my boundaries....I shouldn't have done that...." His eyes widen in shock as I hold out my hand.

"F-Friends...?" Worry laces my voice as I close my eyes and fake another smile. He shakes my hands as he whispers a small, "Yeah...uh...friends..." The slight hesitation in his voice shatters my heart. My hearts shattered bits falls into a deep dark pit in my stomach.

"U-Uh...I'll be going to...to bed now..." I quickly let go of his hand and shut the divider. I quickly climb into bed and hide under the blankets.

'I'm such an idiot...'