Chapter 4-1

Smile at Hope in the Name of Despair
Motive Life
Morning 15

*Arian's POV*

"Rion...I will have to agree with Kazuichi...silence does not look good on a pretty lady like yourself...please talk..." Sonia said, poking my cheeks as a way to annoy me, which was working, I just wasn't saying anything. Everyone, excluding Nagito gathered at the center of the cafe to discuss how to get out, if possible. I was thinking about how to silence Nagito from saying anything about the traitors.

"We need as much brains as possible...and you haven't even touch your food!" Kazuichi complained as I sighed and passed my plate over to Akane, who was eating every plate in sight. It won't help the fact that Kazuichi made a mini-nekomaru doll for her...how did he do that overnight? "Are you still blaming-"

"Ah hell no. What the hell do you want?" Fuyuhiko groaned as Nagito walked in, hands behind his back and was smirking. Ah hell... "Oh, nothing. I just came to tell you guys something...and here I thought everyone was special and talented...everyone but one person" He paused, looking at Hajime.

"Nagito...can you-"

"It's sad that you're just a Reserve Course student. You're not even that special" He said in a low and dark tone. Hajime was shocked and looked at us all. "I mean, even someone as Arian Motono is more special than everyone here. She possesses two talents. Amazing, right?" He walked closer to where we were sitting at.

"You bastard. Just because Hajime might not have a talent, doesn't make him less special or less of a student at Hope's Peak...please fuck off" I said as he raised an eyebrow, humming in thought.

"Is this another motive by Monokuma? Turning everyone against each other?" Akane asked in a serious tone as he shook his head. "No...this isn't a motive...but rather...a challenge...for the traitors!" Nagito said and starts to laugh hysterically, tossing the files into the air before catching them all.

"It's all within the files! Who knew a simple game of Russian Roulette would get me this much information?" He said and stops laughing, turning to look at us all. "Challenge for the traitors...?" Sonia asked as Nagito nodded. "I know who the traitors are. It would be a surprise to find out who they are, wouldn't it?" He paused and stepped closer, leaning on the table.

"Well, traitors, here's a message for ya. I planted a bomb somewhere on this island. You got two days to find them and reveal yourselves. Otherwise, everyone dies" He smirked evily as everyone glanced at each other, then back to him. "48 hours left...tick tock..." He sits back up and walks out the cafe, laughing loudly which slowly faded away.

"I'm scared...would he really blow this island up?" Sonia asked while hugging Chiaki, who was comfronting her. He can't and he won't. "Forget trying to escape, we need to stop Nagito from what he's planning!" Kazuichi said, everyone glancing at Hajime as he slowly nodded, still in thought about being a Reserve Course student. I knew this wouldn't end well.

"Ignore what Nagito said about you. Reserve Course or not, you're special and still our friend" Fuyuhiko reassured him as they all smiled at him. He smiled back at us and Usami popped in, panicking. "Oh great. What-"

"Somebody stole my diary!! Please help me find it!" Usami cried as everyone looked at each other, then back at her. "Why should we-" "We'll be glad to help. Just show us where you live" Chiaki interrupted Kazuichi as she walked out the cafe, Usami in hand. Everyone else followed behind Chiaki as I went straight towards my cottage.

"Shizka! Giftzwerg! (Shit! That bastard!)" I cursed in German as soon as I saw that my door was slightly open. I walked in and saw that everything was out of place. Searching around the room, I noticed that nothing was missing. Thank goodness for that...

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□

"So he thrashed your place, but didn't take anything? Wow, that's cold..." Hajime sighed in frustration as we all either sat or laid on the grass outside of Usami's house. Everyone was either eatting some sweets, sipping either tea or coffee that she made, or both...which applied to Sonia. I opted out on food and drink. 

"Apparently so. I swear, whatever he planning isn't good" I mumbled, playing with the Usami strap that was still on my handbook. "Awh, you still have the Usami strap..." Usami said, grabbing my handbook ans started to play with the strap. 

"Well, we need to do something about him. Letting him wonder around like this isn't good" Akane stated while playing with her mini-Nekomaru. "Nothing is ever good when he's around" Kazuichi complained. "I agree with you" Sonia mumbled, sipping on her tea. "Eeeee...Miss Sonia agrees with me" Kazuichi started fangirling as she slightly shook her head and sighed.

"Why can't this vacation just be like this? Everyone getting along, laughing and enjoying their time here with absolutely NO killings" Usami sighs and keeps looking around for her journal. "I want the same thing as well, Monomi" Chiaki mumbled and finished her game before looking up at us all. "Well, knowing Nagito, he's going to do something crazy...but what will he do? Kill us all?" Akane sighed and finished her steak. "Don't give him any ideas! He might be listening to us and do just that!" Kazuichi shouts back at her while drinking coffee.

"Hey...there's this noodle stand on the 5th island. Why don't we all eat there tonight and come up with a plan?" Hajime spoke us, getting everyone's attention. "As long as there's food, I'm in!" Akane said and sat up. "Sure. I would love to know what noodles taste like" Sonia said as everyone else agrees to the plan. I stayed silent and hoped that they had forgotten about me. They didn't.

"Hm? Are you-" I faked a yawn before facing everyone else. "I need to catch up on my sleep. I'll meet you guys the-"

"No...knowing you, I think it's best if you're not alone" Fuyuhiko said as I sighed. "It's not like I'm going to harm anybody in anyway, shape and form. Tell ya what, if I spot Nagito at any point between now and tonight, I'll come find one of you and tell ya" I said, hoping they would buy it and let me leave.

"No way! Better safe than sorry, everyone is go...ing?" I stood up and bowed in front of everyone, silencing Hajime.

"Sorry, but I'll-" I felt myself being kicked in the stomach before falling to the ground and coughing up blood. "Fucking-" I felt myself being dragged by the feet.

"Let's go. We're going to clear this mess up right now. We'll be at the noodle stand tonight!" Fuyuhiko called over his shoulder as I struggled to get free from his grip. "Let go, you jac-" I covered my mouth and threw up.

●Word Count: 1183●