Chapter 1-Investigation

Lost Memories:
Deadly Life
Night Three

*Arian's POV*

As me, Hajime, Mikan Chiaki walked into the banquet room, I instantly covered my nose and cringed. Everyone didn't notice the smell of blood, except for Akane...I think, who was looking around.

"He wasn't outside nor in the lobby"

"Not in the storage room"

"Obviously not in the kitchen"

"Nor the office..."

"Wasn't Peko suppose to be guarding the area" Hiyoko pointed out as Kazuichi shrugged. "She wasn't there either" He said, scratching his head. "Her too?" Mahiru asked concerned as I glanced around the room. "Maybe they snuck out during the blackout for a MAJOR make-"

"Ok, no. She's in the bathroom. That's not important now.. Do any of you guys not notice the smell of blood!?" I asked, making them turn towards me. Akane turned towards me. "That's what that smell was" She said as we both looked around. I went to the table at the very back and pointed to it, making everyone walk towards me.

"It's coming from here..." Akane mumbled as I gulped, pulling back the table cloth...

Everyone gasped...

Byakuya Togami...
The Ultimate Affluent Progeny...
...was laying under the table...
...dead...
...way beyond recognition...

Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit! I cursed multiple times in my head. Everyone started to either gag, cry or panic. I walked outside and sat on the steps, deep in thought as to what I just saw.

"Attention, attention, students of Hope's Peak Academy. A body has been discovered. Now then, after a certain amount of time has passed, a Class Trial will begin!"

That damned announcement went off. Fucking hell...this wasn't suppose to happen. We were suppose to be erasing the despair out of them...not bring them more. I didn't walk out that room because I was scared...oh damn...

"Goddammit, Motono! Snap out of it!" I heard someone call out before getting yanked up from the seat. I glared and noticed Fuyuhiko standing there. "Ow...fucking hell..." I stood up and sighed, rubbing my wrist. "I asked you a question. What the hell was that announcement...?" He glared as I regained my composure before pulled out my handbook and went to the Truth Bullet section, pulling up the autopsy report and handed him my handbook.

"Togami was murdered...found underneath the far back table in the banquet room..." I sighed and took it back, making Kuzuryu nod before walking off. I wasn't really in the mood to investigate, so I sat back down and covered my head.

"Hm? Rion...are you alright?" Chiaki asked as I looked up, noticing Gundham tagged along with her. I nodded as they both walked towards a particular spot. I watched as Chiaki and Gundham had gotten on their knees. I raised an eyebrow at them. "Can you help us and see if we can find an opening to the underground...or Gundham's earring? Whichever comes first" She asked as I nodded and gotten down.