~Chapter Thirty Six~

•Point of view: Perseus•

It was in the middle of the night when Amanda came back. Quickly scurrying over to her king, unaware that she was being followed by me.

With a sharp turn, she went into a corridor and entered the throne room.

"My king." She said, clear enough that I could hear her. "I have killed the son of Poseidon, Marlin, that threatens the safety of this sanctuary."

I could literally feel the satisfaction rolling of Lyacon. And why did the name Marlin say so much to me?

"Good. You are dismissed and allowed to go back to your pups." I heard Lyacon say.

Quickly I stepped back into the shadows, and Amanda walked straight past me, unaware that I was there. I wanted to step forward, but  I saw figure appear. I easily recognised her as Kaylee. She moved onwards and also entered the throne room.

"My king."  She said, clearly wanting to leave.

"Ah, Kaylee, there is something I want to ask you."

"And wh—" she said, before being cut off by Lyacon.

"It's about Perseus. I am afraid he is noticing his true legacy. If this does happen..." he paused. "I want you to take care the situation."

At that moment I felt a familiar pain of betrayal.

"Your whish is my command. May I be dismissed? I have a child to take care off." She said, mumbling the last part.

I could stop her from trying to kill me by killing her child.

"The high-and-mighty Kaylee fell for a man?" He said. "That I could live to see this happen! Who's the lucky lad?" He said with a tad of sarcasm and tried to make it slightly humiliating.

"..."

"Oh, my my." He said. " I had not expected that to happen."

A moment later I heard footsteps. All I saw was a humiliated Kaylee that tried to regain her pride.

Waiting till she left the hallway, I wondered what I should do.