~Chapter Thirty Eight~

Is it me, or is my writing quality gone down? Please be fair in this, because I really believe the first book was horrible, the beginning of this book had decent writing and it just went downwards from there.

•Point of view: Perseus•

Kaylee's words had confused me for a while, but  I had to accept I was the father of the child? At least, if she was telling the truth, which I wasn't sure of. But, I had to take responsibility of my actions, so I decided to take care for the child.

I walked further through the cavern, slowly heading out, till I realised that the child would have a miserable life, being hunted, just for being associated with me. Then I realised that I recalled someone talking about a group of pups, around her age, being born, deep down in the cave.

I sighed, and decided it would be the best option for the child to be adopted be the mother, growing up in a real family, where she had a chance of happiness.

I headed downwards, cradling the child in my arms, silently getting further in a place I once called home.

"Shh, it will be all right little one." I said, hoping the child would just continue sleeping, instead of slowly waking up again.

The child opened her eyes, and gave her panic eyes. She was panicked, and would start crying soon.

"Shh... Shh..." I said doing whatever I could do to keep the child quite. Alas, it only made her more and more awake and panicked.

I smiled, and told her that everything would be alright.

Slowly she started relaxing, for reasons I didn't know.

"See? Everything is alright." I said, with my voice, softer then it's usually roughness. At least, ever since that encounter with the hunters, my voice has been rough. Then I remembered, that before that encounter, I was human, or wolf.

I looked down, seeing the happy eyes of the baby. And some furrless arms.

I had just shifted back into a human.

Lemme wait till someone asks for updates...

Four weeks later

@Brian-Here Update pls?

Took long enough...