~Chapter Fourty One~

•Point of view: Perseus•

After a while, I found my self in a small town. I stopped, and listened, noticing that the hunters where still on my tail. They where closing in and fast. Seeing the nearest abandoned, building, I run towards it, and quickly entering it. From a corner I see the hunters enter, and halt as they would think they would attract to much attention if a group of girls suddenly entered the quite small town, and would start taking down a giant wolf. The mist would only help so far with that.

With a grunt, I finally sit down and rest, unaware of the two figures behind me.

"Percy!" Somebody whispered behind me, making me jump sky heigh.

Instantly ready to fight, I stood up, shifting to my wolf form, growling at the figures behind me, moving into a more defensive position to be ready to defend myself against two attackers.

"Percy, calm down, we aren't going to hurt you." The other one said. "We have waisted to much time to start fighting now." With that remark, they both stepped out of the shadows, their faces revealing revealed to me.

They seemed so familiar, but so I unfamiliar at the same time too. And underneath that, I felt a great sense of hatred towards them.

Then it struck me. They where part of that demigod group. I turned back into a human, ready to talk.

"What are you doing here?" I snarled. "Shouldn't you have been in duty with your friends?"

One of them shrugged. "They weren't the people we where friends with. Not anymore."

"They betrayed what we stood for."

Betrayed

Then I remembered something. Something from my past. They where the ones that betrayed me when I was still Percy.

"You betrayed me!" I snarled, as I ran up on them at full speed.

In an instant, they had moved out of my path. "Percy. Listen to us. There is to much at stake for us to fight now."

I snarled, not turning human again, ready to fight at a seconds notice.

"So I guess you will find it hard to believe Tartarus is rising?"