The Recruit

Enrique: Hello could I speak to Alpha Mathews it is an emergency this is Enrique Santana beta of the Dark Moon pack.

Daniel: This is Alpha Mathews how can I help you my beta said that you have an emergency.

Enrique: Yes we were attacked by the BEB and a rouge pack of wolves and vampires and our Alpha was seriously injured our Luna is missing and we are calling on you for assistance to get our pack stronger and to help with healing our men.

Daniel: Our treaty has been strong for the last 5 generations. I am not at liberty to leave my pack right now but I will send my best healer as well as my best fighter which are my twin successors and I will send them with back up in case something happens once they make it there. They should be there in less than a days time. Have everything ready for their arrival and we will do all that we can to get your pack back up and running and find your Luna.

Enrique: Thank you Alpha! Goodbye

Daniel: You are welcome goodbye Beta. "Luna Serenity come to my office please"

Luna&Serenity:"Here we come dad"

Daniel: "Girl's take a seat I have something I need for you to do for me. No questions until I am finished." I give them both a pointed look and did not continue until they both give me an understanding nod. "The dark moon pack has been attacked and they are an allied pack and they need help. Luna I would like for you to help with healing their men. I know that you are not fully comfortable with your healing power as of yet but I've seen what you can do and I have faith that you can help with and without your healing ability. Serenity I would like for you to lead their training sessions. They need to be ready in case of another attach and you are my best warrior, don't tell Beta Joshua I said that though. I've watched your strength grow and I've seen you beat our best with out breaking a sweat. Do you girls accept this challenge?"
Luna: "Yes of course daddy we never get a chance to leave the pack grounds so I'm all in. I've been practicing on small animals in the forest who have broken bones so I think I can help with magic but what about not using our powers outside of the mesa?"
Serenity: "You already know that I'm all for whipping some high and mighty boys into shape but I'm with Luna nobody outside of our pack know about our abilities wouldn't it be better if we just use regular medical practice. We do have some vial that we have been working on that combines our medicine with some faster healing properties to them. I know that they are our allies but I don't feel safe outside of the mesa using magic especially since we don't know who attacked them and why. They could still be lingering around or worse have spies in the pack trying to gain information. It could be a trap and whoever attacked them knew they would call you there are too many variables in my opinion.
Daniel: "I could shed a tear at how proud you girls are making me right now. You both make great points and I agree. No magic. This is a serious matter though and that is why I chose you girls instead our training team we usually send. The BEB are who attacked them. This is not the first time they have been attacked. The BEB are a group of high level demons that have only 1 goal and that is to destroy anything that will gain enough power that can defeat them. If they were attacking this pack then that means someone there is very special in the eyes of the moon and they need our protection. I need you to keep your eyes, nose, and ears aware at all times do not let your guard down.

Serenity: "Yes papa"

Luna: "Understood daddy. When do we leave? "

Daniel: "I advised him you would be there in less than a day. Their pack is not far away so maybe you girls can race to see who gets there first. Their Alpha is in critical condition so you will leave as soon as possible go pack a bag that will last at least 1 month and take a nap when you wake up I'll have food ready for you and the pack members who will be traveling with you will be waiting. Now run along and the pack doctor will drive a car with all of the luggage while the rest of you run ahead in wolf form to get there more quickly they stay about a 6 hour drive away but just a 3 and a half hour run or less if you girls are faster than your old man." As the girls leave the room I start to think about the possible reasons as to why the BEB have come out after so many years. The first attack was 14 years ago when the twins were born. I have a really bad feeling about this attack. "Joshua can you come to my office bring 3 of our best doctors and 10 of your best fighters 5 women and 5 men"

Joshua:"Yes alpha, we are on our way."

Daniel: As he rounds up the members that I requested I start to think of what we need to do to prepare if an attach happens here. I need to contact the coven that we are allied with to ensure that the barrier around the pack is still strong enough to keep out at least middle level demons and I need to contact our other allied packs and tell them to be prepared for anything. I rub my hands down my face. Just as a ball of stress forming in the back of my head I feel sparks across my neck instantly relaxing me. I lean into my mate's touch with a deep sigh. I look over and into her beautiful hazelnut colored eyes with a tight smile of appreciation. No words are said she pecks my forehead and sits in my lap wafting her calming scent my way just as my beta walks through my open office door with the other pack members. "Thank you all for coming. Can someone please shut the door and everyone take a seat." Once the door is shut the members all find a seat at the dark mahogany long table that is settled in the left part of my huge office. There is enough seats for everyone and a couple of more people. I mind link the girls an wake them from there nap to join our meeting. Once they take their seats on either side of me I start. "Alright I know that most of you are confused so I will not keep you guessing. You all have been hand picked to go to the Dark Moon pack and assist with getting them back on track. They were recently attacked by the BEB" everyone gasps and looks around with worried expressions. "STOP THE WHIPSPERS AND SAVE ALL QUESTIONS TO THE END!" After everyone's head is bowed except my girls who are holding in giggles I continue after a pointed look at them to be serious. "I know that this is a shocker and that is why you were hand picked and also why the twins are going with you. Luna is going to be over the medical crew you are to follow her lead you are there to help heal their Alpha since he is in a coma and their medical staff is not as well trained. You will be teaching their current staff and healing the injuries from the battle. Serenity will be over training we are training from 10 and up boys and girls. They lack discipline with their younger generation so we need to whip them into shape. You leave in 20 minutes so say goodbye to friends and family and pack a bag for at least a month. Do you have any questions or anyone who would prefer not to go you were picked because you are the best but this is a request not a requirement."
"We are honored alpha" they all say in unison. "You are dismissed all except the twins go ahead and get really give your luggage to one of the doctors that will be traveling with you for they will be traveling by car and the rest will be running in wolf form."

Catherine: "Girls I am so proud of you but you have got to be more serious when in meetings you both will have a hand in running this pack once you find your mate there is place and time for everything. On a lighter note I got you girls these lockets for you as a gift since you will not be here for your 15th birthday in a couple of weeks. These are enchanted and are able to shift with you and are very durable. That doesn't mean they can't break just that they are a lot harder to break than some of your other jewelry. I feel like we have been so busy with your training these last couple of birthdays and this is the most important since you will shift a week after your birthdays. We will be making a trip to the Dark Moon pack for the week of your birthday so that we do not miss your first shifts." By the time I'm done talking my girls are hugging me in a bone crushing hold and we are all shedding tears while my mate leans against the door with a camera in hand and a loving look in his eyes. I am not even sure when he moved from under me. "Here you go girls honey can you put on Luna's locket please? Turn around girls" they do as they are told and turn around so that we can secure the lock that had pictures of the twins together a couple yeas ago and a picture of their dad and I when we first found out that we were pregnant with twins."

Their eyes welled up with tears at the simple yet perfect present

Their eyes welled up with tears at the simple yet perfect present. Although the girls were basically werewolf royalty they were dry humble and they loved their kingdom and served their pack so well. They enjoyed the simple things like being able to spend time with their pack family. Since the were leaving soon they ran to the back yard after yelling a thank you to their parents and played one fast round of freeze tag with the pups of the pack.