Chapter 13

Lila's P.O.V

Grinning I displayed the heart that had come shooting out of Elizabeth's body. Even though on the outside my face showed how excited I was about completing my task, on the inside my morals screamed at me.

I'd just hurt an innocent, worse than that I'd killed an innocent. The thought made me feel queasy, though I didn't feel as guilty as what I thought I would. It seems that being a sadistic killer was in my blood.

The worse thing about what I'd just done though was seeing the Halliwells, and watching how they responded to me. I knew then that my letter had been successful in what I'd wanted it to achieve. No one had come after me, which was good and hopefully they were keeping an eye on Harry, not that I'd asked and now I wished that I had, though that might've made them believe that I could still be saved. I couldn't. I was too far gone, and too high on power to be saved and brought back to my witch life, where morality ruled my decisions. Also my letter had succeeded because they believed now that I was purely a demon. That wasn't exactly true because I could still feel, and it had hurt so bad when I saw the horror on each of their faces. It had hurt hearing the anguish and hatred in Wyatt's voice. More importantly it hurt seeing the looks on Chris and Melinda's faces when they finally realised I couldn't be saved and I knew that it would've been them that held onto that hope more than any of the Halliwell family.

Sighing I pushed away any lingering thoughts of my old family and welcomed my new one, all of which were crowded in the room to see the trophy I had brought back, proving that my task had been completed. Though no one would be able to trace anything back since I'd decided to burn the body, and release Elizabeth's spirit from the torture that she had felt due to the spell that Darien had recommended that I used. I may be evil now but that didn't mean I didn't have some respect for the spirits, especially since my blood family were all spirits. I closed my eyes briefly as I thought about my family. Gosh my mom really wouldn't understand me now, and I knew she would think she was right in saying that I wasn't her daughter. Heck I would probably disown myself as well.

"Congratulations Lila. It seems that I was wrong about you" Darien said smiling before he kneeled and bowed before me. I grinned to myself. Finally I had managed to get the bastard to bow down to me.

"Thank you Darien, you may stand" I replied and he rose before nodding and taking my hand, before kissing it.

"I wish you happiness with us My Lady" he said and I nodded thoughtfully.

"Thank you Darien. And I wish you luck in the taking of the witch's powers" I said and he grinned at me.

"Maybe you should join us one day Lila" he said and I mulled the thought over before nodding.

"Sure how about tomorrow?" I asked and he grinned, nodding before walking away to talk to some of the demons within our group.

"Miss Lila" a voice called and I turned to see who it was. Frowning to myself I walked over to the edge of the platform to see Silus standing there, waiting for me.

"Silus" I smiled in greeting and he bowed only his head, since he was no longer as young as he used to be. I smiled gratefully at him as he looked at me before he produced a black velvet box.

"What's this?" I asked and he smiled before handing it to me. I gently took it, not wanting to hurt his hands since they had become riddled with disease thanks to what he had to do within the group. Note to self I must heal him, if spirit will allow it.

I cautiously opened the box to see a beautiful necklace nestled in the blue velvet inside the box. The chain was pure gold and even though it looked fragile I could feel the strength that it radiated. I gasped at the jewel that was hanging off the end.