Chapter 20

I didn't know which way to look. Whether I should look at Wyatt since I had anticipated an attack from him or whether I should look behind me where I felt the familiar presence, since I knew that it was Chris. I rubbed my forehead where I felt a headache appearing. What was it with me and headaches? Then again they had practically been non-existent while I was in the Underworld, which meant that there was something about the Halliwells that gave me a headache.

I chose instead to watch Wyatt since I knew he posed the most threat. I could feel his power rising and knew that my demons would also feel it but hopefully they would stay away until I called them. If so then I wouldn't be calling on them because I was hoping to deal with this myself, and besides having loads of demons here would mean that the Halliwells would feel threatened, and I didn't want them to feel unsafe in their own home.

Wyatt's anger doubled and I gasped at how powerful it was.

"I said we don't want your help Lila" he snarled and I shrugged.

"You may not want my help but you need it, so you can threaten me all you want but I'm not leaving until I help you" I said grinning at him, knowing that he was teetering on the edge. My grin seemed to push him over and a red energy flowed out of his hands which I quickly ducked before I heard Wyatt gasp.

"Shit! Chris!" he shouted and I looked up to see that Chris was on the landing above the set of steps where I was standing. He seemed to be frozen in place and I couldn't decide whether that was due to fear or because of the illness that had been inflicted on him by Darien. I still had no idea what I was going to do to Darien though.

Shaking my head I shimmered so that I was standing directly in front of Chris as the red energy of Wyatt's power. I called up my demonic powers and my witch powers before waving my hand in an anti-clockwise direction in front of me, so that I created the shape of a circle.

"Protect us" I whispered to the power that had flowed forward at my order.

Black smoke rose from the floor around me before it floated upwards, creating a black circle in front of me. At the same time that white smoke swirled around my head, in an oversized crown before joining with the black smoke. The result was a grey shield that covered my entire body as well as stretching around the sides to make sure that none of the energy would escape and try to attack Chris. The shield was see through and I saw the energy approach us before it made contact with my magically created shield. I felt the shield bend against the force of Wyatt's power and I frowned before murmuring random demonic spells of power that I had found in one of the books in the library. The shield went from grey that allowed me to see through it, to a black colour, similar to the black of the night sky, which I couldn't see through.

My fingers twitched as Wyatt's power was absorbed by my shield before it disappeared back inside me. I knew I would have to do a spell later to purify my body, making sure that I hadn't accidentally absorbed any of Wyatt's magic.

As soon as the shield evaporated I was blinded by smoke at the same time that my ears exploded. I closed my eyes against the bright light and breathed in but my lungs filled up with a tangy smoke that made my closed eyes burn. I coughed feeling the smoke whirl around me before I flicked my hand outwards, and air made the smoke disappear. I opened my eyes, which began streaming as they stung from the force of the smoke. My legs felt as though they were burning and I looked down to see two exploded potion vials at my feet. I coughed again sounding like an old man that had smoked too may cigars in his life before I looked up at the Halliwells. I winced slightly knowing that I would be in a lot of pain when I took my jeans off tonight.

"I did tell you I wasn't here to kill you" I said shrugging and waving a hand in front of my face trying to dispel the small traces of smoke that air hadn't been able to get rid of.