Chapter 40

"Bye Lila, have a good honeymoon" Piper said as we hugged each other.

"Piper I'm only going to be gone for a few weeks, you will see me soon" I replied and she laughed into my shoulder before we pulled away.

Her eyes were red from crying and I realised the irony of the situation. Piper had been the middle child, and also the first to marry, so I found it funny that not only was it her child, out of all of the next generation of Charmed Ones, that was first to marry, but that Chris also happened to be the middle child out of her children. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

"I know Lila. I'm soppy what do you expect, and you look so beautiful" she said and I grinned at her.

"Thank you" I said pulling back so that Chris could hug his mother goodbye, while I hugged Leo.

Chris and I had just changed clothes, since according to my new husband we had a long way to travel before we arrived at our honeymoon, though he wouldn't give me any clues. I had changed out of my beautiful wedding dress and into a tailored powder blue, knee length dress. It had off the shoulder sleeves with a light metallic silver band that went across my waist, showing off my curves. The dress was actually very simple but I liked it and I finished my look with a pair of tan heeled boots, and a tan bag which was slung across my body. Chris on the other hand was much simpler, wearing dark black fitted trousers, with a white button-up shirt and his leather jacket.

As soon as I pulled away from Leo I was encompassed in a suffocating hug, which I knew was Melinda, from the way hair silky hair flopped into my face. She held me tightly and I hugged her back, just as strongly as what she was holding me. We pulled back and I smoothed her ruffled hair out of her face as I saw little mascara streaks down her face.

"Sweetie why are you crying?" I asked before I pulled a tissue out of my shoulder bag. She took it and blew into it.

"Because the whole ceremony was beautiful, especially when you and Chris kept sneaking glances at each other" she said and I shook my head at her before Wyatt moved to hug me, while Chris lifted his sister into a huge hug.

Wyatt smelled manly and musky the way I'd always known him to be. However unlike how he'd always been, I was aware that he was feeling incredibly emotional by the way he held onto me suggesting that his emotions weren't under control like they usually were. Well I knew that mostly because I could feel his emotions whizzing around inside of him. He pulled back and I saw that he looked as though he'd shed a tear or two, but his beaming smile made me forget about that.

"Welcome to the family now Lila" he said and I grinned before I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you Wyatt. I love you" I said as I pulled away and he smiled at me before gathering me in for a bear hug.

"I love you too sis" he whispered and I held onto him tightly, feeling as though the both of us needed to hug each other for a while. We'd been through so much in our years together both recently and what wit me joining the family and Wyatt opening up to me. I loved Mel, of course I did and I always would do but I loved Wyatt too. They were both my favourite siblings for different reasons, although of course I loved Harry a little but more than I loved Wyatt and Mel. I felt Wyatt gripping onto me tightly as I bunched his shirt in my hands and felt him crying into my shoulder just as I felt his emotions hit me.

I felt his love for me as strong as if it were my own emotion. Wyatt loved me so much and he was so happy that I was alive and well and that I was here to spend my life with Chris as my husband and Wyatt himself was happy to call me his sister-in-law because we now technically were brother and sister. I grinned against his chest as I felt this before we pulled back and Wyatt looked at me and I looked at him, neither of us letting go of the other. Wyatt was just so happy that I was here and I felt how strong his urge was to keep me safe and to never doubt me again. I felt that he couldn't believe that he had ever doubted me when he loved me and when I was pretty much his sister and I knew he felt guilty about that but I knew he was also relieved at the fact that I had forgiven him. Not that I'd ever hated him for it anyway and he knew that.