Chapter 26- Part 1

"Lila" a voice whispered in my ear and I shot up into a sitting position, instantly on alert, but I nearly head butted Harry in the process.

"Hey" I smiled and he frowned. I lifted my covers up and he crawled into bed next to me.

I put my arm around him and he lay against my shoulder. I felt his body move as he breathed heavily and I could feel his quickened pulse beating against my fingertips, since they were resting near his neck.

"I'm scared Lila" he whispered and I stroked his head.

"I know sweetie. I was scared when I had to do it but if you do this we will be one step closer to achieving our ultimate goal. Besides Asher gave me permission to stay with you, so I won't be far away" I whispered back and Harry nodded into my shoulder.

"Okay let's do this" he said confidently and clambered off my bed, landing with a thud on the floor. I grinned at his eagerness to get this task over with and he made his way to my meditation space.

Throwing the covers off my body I hurried out of bed and pulled a robe on, since I was feeling slightly chilly. I walked over to my meditation space and lighted some of the incense candles that I'd been using, before Harry and I sat down opposite each other on the cushions that were spread out on the floor. I'd given him some tips on meditation throughout the years so he knew what to do.

Within minutes our breathing matched each other's and we sounded like the same person since we breathed at the same time. I opened my mind and let Harry into my thoughts so that I could show him my thoughts, and what I'd gone through when I'd had to kill Wyatt's charge. I felt Harry wince on parts but his curiosity was evident and I knew then that his demonic side wasn't non-existent, just dormant, and that with a little bit of tutoring it would emerge slowly. I felt his thirst to find out what it felt like to kill, as much as his witch half hated the idea of hurting an innocent person.

I heard every thought and concern that Harry had about this situation and I tried to calm his mind as best as I could, by telling him how to avoid those feelings.

After a while I felt Harry become calmer, both physically and mentally. I decided that it was time to prepare him for today, so I closed my mind off to him and focused on getting my breathing back to the right speed so that I could come out of my meditation. Harry followed my lead and soon enough we opened our eyes and I became aware that my meditation place was full of incense. I coughed and stood up before dousing the sticks. The smell soon cleared and I walked back into my quarters with Harry on my heels.

I saw that there were clothes on my bed and frowned at the fact that I hadn't heard Josey come in the room. Shrugging to myself I quickly changed into my leggings, long top and wedge boots, before focusing on Harry. He walked passed me before heading out of my quarters.

"What should I wear?" he asked as he heard me approach his room. I clucked my tongue thoughtfully while glancing around.

Harry's room was very much like mine, not as big but still big enough. There was a queen sized bed that took up nearly the entire wall opposite me with framed photos hanging on the left hand wall. Looking closely I saw that they were mostly pictures of me and Harry, but there were a few of Harry with Evaline and the Halliwells. The frames themselves were quite pretty as they were wooden frames painted with a white varnish, and they seemed shiny. On the right hand wall there were bits and pieces, such as potion vials and ingredients for potion making as well as little collectable figurines and things that Harry had collected over the years. From where I was standing I could see the blue shell that we'd found on the beach two years ago, which I'd carved his name into.

I looked back at Harry to see him looking at me and I shrugged before walking over to his large wardrobe which, compared to mine, looked empty.

"Well you need to feel comfortable in your clothes, but they need to be free enough so that you can move easily. It won't be easy today, especially if the witch is powerful enough to defend herself, or has a whitelighter on hand" I said and Harry nodded. I smiled at him encouragingly, or at least I hoped it was encouragingly, as I saw his emotions flitter across his face.