Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache and sore eyes. I'd cried the whole night and had only fallen asleep about four hours ago. Yawning I sat up and stretched before flopping back down against the cushions. I rubbed my face just as I heard the curtain being pulled across.

"Hey Lila" Josey said softly and I looked up to see her leaning over me. I gave her a small smile and clambered out from under my duvet so that I was kneeling on top and I patted part of the bed next to me.

"Morning Josey" I grinned and she smiled before sitting next to me. She brushed a piece of hair away from my mouth, where it had stuck.

"How are you feeling this morning?" she asked and I bit my lip while I thought. Josey had come in during some point in the night to find out what had happened. I'd told her everything of course, and she'd hugged me after I'd finished while I cried into her shoulder. I shrugged at her.

"Okay I suppose. I was going to meditate for a while to get rid of any negative things or anything that I accidentally absorbed yesterday. Also seeing the Halliwells gave me an idea on what we should do today" I grinned at Josey and she nodded, obviously happy that I was feeling better.

"Okay well you do what you need to do but as soon as you are finished we are going to get breakfast before you make your big announcement" Josey nodded before ushering me off my bed and into the little space I'd made in the wall for my meditation area.

Smiling I shook my head at myself before going around and lighting a few of my incense sticks. Instantly the smell filled my space and I settled down on the cluster of cushions that had been put on the floor. I felt the silky smoothness of the material beneath my bare legs and frowned. When did I change into my pyjamas last night? I didn't remember. Sighing I rolled my shoulders and rocked my neck before closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing.

I let every thought that was occupying my mind drift away. My muscles relaxed and I felt my shoulder and leg muscles become less tense. I focused on my breathing, hearing how soft and quiet it was and finally my breaths slowed and became deeper as the incense swirled around my nostrils. I breathed in the sweet scent and along with that breathed in positive energy and when I breathed out, I imagined breathing out negative energy.

During my meditation session I felt myself become calmer and knew that I had managed to gain control of my emotions and that I wouldn't burst out crying today. I still don't know why I'd cried so much last night. I also managed to release the tiny glimmer of power that I had accidentally absorbed from Wyatt yesterday when I put up my shield against him. The shield had disappeared back into me but not before it had absorbed a small piece of Wyatt's power that he had originally tried to use against me. Actually I was surprised that the shield had worked, since I'd never tried it, and I hadn't practiced it before.

When I was done meditating I went to have a shower, wincing as I washed my legs due to the potion that Melinda and Wyatt had used against me. It had managed to burn my skin so that my skin was bright pink. To avoid my skin getting any worse I decided to wear a pair of flared jeans that I had bought, since I knew the material wouldn't irritate my skin. I threw on a long top that had a picture of Big Ben in London, which was covered in glitter. I had only really bought it because the picture was cool, and the top was full of glitter. I loved glitter, even when I was nearly twenty-three years old.

I skipped into the library when I was done and saw that Josey was sitting down on one of the couches, writing in what looked like a journal. She glanced up when I walked in and we smiled at each other.

"Ready to go?" she asked and I nodded. She jumped to her feet before closing the book and blowing on it. It vanished as soon as her breath touched it. She grinned at me as I tilted my head in interest.