Chapter 30

Note: So it's only been five days but I thought I would upload. Please comment and vote and such and I hope you all liked reading the last chapter as well as the next few uploads. And so it begins!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I saw in front of me made me freeze in my tracks. The room, which had previously been filled with demons training and generally hanging out- this was where the lower level demons in the group hung out- was now littered with piles of ash from vanquishes. I gulped and saw that when I felt orbing it had in fact been both Wyatt and Chris that orbed here. How had they managed to find us? We'd protected this area with whatever spells and runes and potions we could make. I sighed and watched them vanquish my demons feeling powerless to do anything, though I knew I was anything but.

Harry grabbed my left arm and I saw Chris throw a potion at an advancing demon. I twitched, feeling slightly relieved that he hadn't gotten hurt but also angry that he'd killed the demon. I blinked a dozen times trying to clear my head before I directed my attention to Wyatt who was facing off with Mali, who was the demon that I swore had stopped ageing at the age of eighteen.

Grinning slightly to myself I felt the crackle of Wyatt's power along with the little buzz of Mali's power. It made me want to laugh at the stand off, when it was apparent that Wyatt would wipe the demon out instantly. I frowned as I realised what I was thinking. Why do they have this effect on me? I wanted to scream. I started as I felt the crackle of Wyatt's power intensify and I gulped as Mali twitched. I watched, afraid on Mali's behalf because he would die instantly.

"Lila" Josey hissed from my right and I shook my head. What am I doing standing here? I can help I thought as both Wyatt and Mali raised their hands ready to fire. In Mali's hand I saw a flickering fire ball and in Wyatt's hand I saw what looked like a dark green potion, but I couldn't be sure because the vial was a cloudy white colour.

"No!" I shouted in fear and everyone in the room stopped to look at me. Chris froze at my voice and turned around to face me, but I was focused on Wyatt and Mali.

Mali grinned at me, and it seemed to be a grin that said 'yeah she's gonna kick your ass now' while Wyatt looked at me with hope. My heart squeezed and I realised that I was standing here staring like an idiot.

I quickly shimmered out of Harry's hold and in between Wyatt and Mali, before hesitantly angling my body so that I covered Mali. My heart pumped quicker when I felt Wyatt's rage and I was reminded all over again of the day that I decided to leave them. The pain, anger and sorrow that I had caused them over these last few weeks was etched onto Wyatt's face and I wanted nothing more than to wave my hand over his face and remove those lines for him, because I felt guilty at the choice I had made, though I knew it was the right one. I knew that I had chosen the right path for me because it had allowed me to become more powerful than ever. I now felt happy with my demonic side, but I wasn't completely happy. This life was a lonely one.

Wyatt's face twisted in a grimace and in that I could see hatred and it hurt. This was mostly because even though I hated to admit, I still cared slightly about the Halliwells. The look didn't suit Wyatt, I was so used to him being the calm one, the positive one out of the Halliwells, and the one person who wouldn't judge anyone unless he knew them. Obviously my leaving had changed all of that, just like leaving them had changed every Halliwell. I felt guilty but knew that I wouldn't have been able to avoid it. Yeah at first my decision had been purely to save them, but just like my demonic half had said at the beginning that I may enjoy it, I soon did. It was actually fun being a demon and having all of my power at my disposal and I enjoyed wielding Eythur. I really did love my sword.