Chapter 132: Anything

Chapter One Hundred and Thirty Two: Anything

Her eyes were dark.

Her chest was tight with fury.

And every step she took away from the dining hall resounded with her anger.

Sinmir, despite having longer legs and being so much bigger as a whole, had trouble keeping up with her. He loped after her as she stormed through the hotel, white hair bouncing, the dark blue of her skirt billowing around her ankles and drifting above the pristine floors.

"Ella, tell me, what happened?" Sinmir demanded, making her snap out of her thoughts. "You've not been yourself since you stormed out of there, and you've been as quiet as a mouse even though you're obviously in a temper. It's unlike you."

"Not here," she said in a clipped, no-nonsense tone. "Wait until we're safe within our room."

His face tightened and he he seemed displeased by her response, but he followed her without further complaint. Not that he had very long to wait, since they were already walking towards the door leading to the red room. 

Relief flooding through her when she stormed inside with the prince hot on her heels. The suite door shut behind them with a thump, and the silhouettes of her waiting friends made the room's beautiful gloom seem alive, which it was considering how many people filled it.

"You're back so soon?!" Vrael's voice exclaimed. "I expected you to be away long into the night!"

"Plans do change, but either way  you'll never guess what I learned," she said. "I have a great  deal of new information."

"Well? Is he an enemy or isn't he?" Sinmir demanded. "Ella, tell me what happened!"

"Wait, why don't you know?" Xaphile instantly asked. "Weren't you there with her?"

"I wasn't allowed inside. It was very shady the way this whole thing played out," Sinmir growled, tapping his foot in irritation. "Ella, speak to me. I've waited long enough."

Ella folded her arms with a grim expression.

Of the questions she'd had, many of them had been answered.

For example, she knew now that Spack was aware of her association with Sinmir, Xaphile, Vrael, and Vordt, which if ever spoken about would put them all at risk, but she was heavily protected by the fact that if he did tell someone, he would go down with her.

Then there was his reaction to her question about the faeries.

It bothered her.

'Don't dig too deep. You won't get out again.'

She thought about it carefully before replying, and when she did she spoke slowly and with care.

"He knows nearly everything," she said simply. "He knows what and who every single one of you boys are. He knows most of our plans, and has known of them for months. He tried to blackmail me into giving up my chastity in exchange for his silence on the matter. Hence why I returned."

Sinmir stiffened when she touched her aching breast with a wince.

A quiet, lion-like growl abruptly filled the air with a low rumble that made her hair raise.

Her eyes flew to Xaphile just in time to see his eyes land right on her hand,  face locking into a frightening expression of malice. His lips drew back and his teeth were immediately bared, and had he not been covered by an illusion his fangs would have been on full display.