You like her

Inari's POV

"Honey, can you get some water from the well? I'm kind of busy right now. " mom called from the kitchen.

I was actually sitting in front of the window inside my room, a picture framed, with a torn pieces of photo. It was my dad, stepdad actually. He was my hero, but after being executed by Gato....

I stood up and shook my head, hoping that it'll clear my mind, wiping my tears with my sleeves.

"Alright mom!" I answered, I jumped down from the chair and walked out of my room. I still have that image stuck in my mind. "Mom, do I have to carry the bucket of water from the well? Can't you just order the ninjas, They can do much better than me. " I groaned.

Mom just smiled tiredly. " oh Honey, we hired them to protect your grandfather, not to do our house chores. " she said. Out of nowhere, the team 7's Teacher suddenly appeared inside the kitchen.

"Ah Inari, great timing. " he closed-eye smiled at me. "Can you call Yuu to come home? It's urgent you know. " Kakashi-san asked. I'm in no position to denied his request, so I nodded.

"But, why me?" I asked. Kakashi-san blinked, "Why? Do you not like the idea of you and Yuu being together?" I blushed at his statement.

"WHAT-I -- NO!" I stammered, flushed I walked out, " DON'T GET THE WRONG IDEA! I DON'T EVEN LIKE HER AT ALL! SHE'S JUST A CLUMSY GIRL!" I slammed the door loudly, running away from the house to the woods.

I kept my eyes downcast, not knowing where I'm going. 'Stupid mom, stupid granddad, stupid Leader, stupid Yu-' I caught myself blushing when I mentioned.... Her.

'You like her.' The inner voice called inside of my head. "No, I don't!" I denied profusely.

'Suits yourself, one day you'll tell her how you feel and you'll have lots of lots of childre-'

"SHUT UP! SHUT UP SHUT UP!" I covered my ears, eventually the inner voice went away.

Curse that scarecrows