Chapter 33

"Okay, so now, it's going to be the real thing." I finished telling myself once I got myself back together  after having to go through my first round of nerves all over again. This time I liked to think that I had held back some but now that I knew it was real this time I had really no idea if holding back was even a possibility. 

After Harry told me to get out of his car, because I was trying to argue with him that it really made no sense for him to drop me off and then come back in just a few hours. We could have hung out until then and then, finally, go out on our date. Apparently, he decided to try and be funny with me and said that it was best that he dropped me off because I smelled like a muddy field. 

It wasn't until I removed my jumper and my white shirt underneath it to find that I had a lovely stain on the back of both items of clothing.  I had to toss them in my linen bin, not on the floor this time because I didn't need my mum to be a snoop again, so I could take one of the quickest showers of my life. I don't even remember if I even washed properly; it was that fast. My hands practically flew into my hair to make sure that was clean and then the rest was just forgotten.

Hurrying was never the best choice to make. That left me at high risk to forget all sorts of things but at the same time my laziness put me there in the first place. I thought I had more time to try and get my mind off the date but I was clearly wrong once I looked at my clock to see my three hours were almost through. 

So, not counting my little back slip-up, I tripped running up the stairs, which made my mum ask what was wrong with me. I had no time to explain it to her so I just kept going, which also included me running up the stairs as I was trying to pull my clothes over my head. I smacked my elbow on the corner of the wall when I tried to turn the corner. I must be prone injuries. I'm thankful I didn't slip and break my leg in the shower.

Does it sound like my home is trying to kill me?

I did decide to change my clothes and they better be fucking "appropriate" for wherever Harry thinks he's gonna drag me to now. I've gone for a pair of blue jeans this time with a black long sleeved shirt. It sounds extremely plain but I think it could work anywhere.

At this moment, I was sat on my couch with my leg bouncing up and down almost ferociously as my nerves started to slowly take over different parts of my body, internally and externally. My stomach was making these weird noises, which I hoped would stop once Harry arrived and my heart was pounding so loud I bet anyone at proper range could hear it. My fingers couldn't stop touching my other fingertips, and my mouth kept getting attention from my tongue and teeth.

My mum had joined me after she finished up in the kitchen. I had declined having supper with her because I had no idea if Harry was taking me out to eat or not. If he did, I hoped I could stomach it without getting ill. Anyway, she was now thinking that I was ill, that or insane because I continued to fumble around. 

"What's going on in here?" She asked as she sat herself on the couch opposite of me. 

"Um, nothing." I told her as I let out a deep breath.

"Oh, really? So, is nothing why you look like a young man going out on the town? Is it also why Harry's car is parked outside in front of my house again?" She raised her arm and pointed her finger towards the window, causing me to turn my head and look over my shoulder to find the exact person and car sitting right outside. 

"You're seeing him again after spending the day with him?" She continued on asking me with a smile on her face.

"Um, yeah." At this point I had no idea if she caught on to what was right in front of her yet.  I had no clue how I could get being bullied past her but when it came to having a crush on a boy, the woman knew right away.