Chapter 49

By the time I woke up, not that I even knew what the actual time was,  I was on my back with one arm draped over my head. Out of all my years of enjoying sleep I don't recall ever waking up in the position. After I set my numb arm back down to where it was supposed to be, my second reaction was to look over to Harry. 

The brunet beside me was still asleep and his arms that held me from leaving last night were no longer secured around me. He hand one hand barely resting against the mattress, almost closing into a weak fist, and the other stuffed under the pillow he was using. 

Last night Harry and I stayed up rather late. We watched a film from his bed together, my hand lazily ran through his curls through the entire first half before my arm grew tired. Then I managed to fit it back around his waist. I think anyone would assume that Harry would be the bigger spoon but I seemed to take on that role a lot. Hell, I would even agree with you that I thought Harry would always be the one holding me to him. 

Neither of us fell asleep during the film. Once Harry turned off the film he shifted his warm body towards mine and looked up at me, his eyes telling me that he was sorry and that he was happy. Even though I was fighting sleep every few minutes, I still wanted to pay some attention to Harry. So, I brought my face forward and kissed him. That lasted quite a while until we heard the footsteps of Harry's father. I don't know whether or not the man would be able to hear the heavy breathing of two boys but I think Harry's gasp of surprise may have been heard. I still don't know if it was my work that brought the noise from him or if it was because he heard his father walking up the stairs. 

Despite the little wave of heat that anxiously came over me, we decided to share a few more small soft kisses until Harry pulled his duvet completely over our heads. I couldn't really see Harry until my eyes adjusted to the dark but when I could make out his body I knew he was still facing me. 

Now, I was still looking to Harry, wondering if maybe he was about to wake up. I've learned that it's probably always going to be awkward for me if I'm the one who wakes up first. If I really wanted to I could go back to sleep myself right now but I already had it set in my mind that I needed to start my day off. Plus, I'm sure my mum was expecting to see since I never came home last night after the party.

"Mm, what time is it?" Harry asked me as he inhaled sharply, his fists reaching up to his face to rub the sleep from him eyes. He let out a groan, probably wishing that he was still sleeping. 

I couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle as I watched and heard as Harry let out a breath sigh as he turned on his side to face me, a lazy smile spreading across his face as the hand that was under his pillow reached out to gently rub my arm.

"Hold on," I mumbled back to him as I turned on my side so I can reach down to the floor so I could slip my phone from the pocket of my jacket. I felt as Harry's hand slipped off of my arm slowly as I turned over, his fingertips being the last thing to ghost over my side. 

Once I retrieved my phone and rolled onto my my back again I turned the front screen to my phone on. "Shit," I muttered to myself, my eyes not immediately going to see what time it was and instead focusing on my one voice-mail and few missed calls from my mum.

"Is it that late?" Harry asked, letting out another sigh as he stretched his arms over his head before tucking them both under his face to rest under his cheek. 

"Um, I didn't check that for you yet." I told him as I glanced over to him. "I think my mum might have been expecting me home last night." I sent him a chuckle. I wasn't nervous at all about having to hear how worried my mum was when I never answered her. I hoped that seeing me unharmed when I did finally get around to be being home was reassurance to her that I was clear from harm. Well, until she gave me a swat or whatever little mothering threat she wanted to act on.