Chapter 40

When we got up to our room and set our bags down, Harry declared that he was ready to head back down to the lobby. He didn't need to check out the room or have a seat somewhere. He placed his bags down on one bed, which meant I'd be taking that one as well. Liam was just the opposite of Harry. He put his bags onto the other bed and lounged on it, searching the nightstand for the remote control for the television. 

Our team took up almost an entire floor and we were above others so I felt bad for the guest below us who are going to have to listen to our rowdiness. minus mine. Never being on a trip away with these boys made even made me nervous for myself. I enjoyed my sleep and I didn't want to be disturbed because they can't seem to settle down. I also wasn't in the mood to get into any trouble. 

I had a feeling that the captain wouldn't let too much trouble happen on his watch. Even now, I could tell just how anxious Harry was being. Now, he was pacing his own routine path in the room. Every now and then he'd ask Liam how much time he thought had passed. Liam would tell him not much and that Harry should relax. Harry wasn't going to do that. I could tell.

"Harry, if you want to, I'll go down there with you now and wait for the others with you." I offered him after sensing that this wasn't going to stop until someone allowed Harry to leave the room.

He stopped in his place, his hands coming up to about his chest as his fingers mindlessly picked at one another. His head slowly nodded to me. "Yeah, thanks, Niall."

"Course." I said back to him, not reaching for his hand but placing a soft hand onto his shoulder for support. I looked back to Liam as we walked towards the door, Harry opening it. "We're gonna go down to the lobby. Meet you there?"

"Yeah, mate. I want to lay comfortably for a while. That bus seat was the worst lounging." He told us with a chuckle. "I'll see you boys down there." He then nodded after placing both of his hand behind his head and closing his eyes.

"Alright, well, don't fall asleep for too long or anything." I tried to joke with him as Harry called out to me from the hallway that he wanted me to get moving. I let out a sigh and sent Liam a lame smile, not that he opened his eyes to see it. 

"Is everything okay with you?" I asked Harry quietly as I closed the door behind me. I haven't seen him get this way in awhile and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to turn into anything worse. The game wasn't until tomorrow night so I hoped that Harry wouldn't let these feelings of nerves control him until then. 

Harry moved his hand through his hair as he nodded. "Yeah. I just really want get all this started, ya know?" He asked me with a lighter tone in his voice. Then he let out a heavy breath and laughed at himself. "Sorry."

"It's okay, Harry. Let's just go." I sent him a smile as we walked over to the lift together, not having to wait too long for the doors to open. 

On the ride down, Harry mentioned that we could still go and check out the gym and the pool if I wanted to. He didn't want to make me wait just on his behalf. He should know by now that I don't mind it, especially if I was able to get him out of his anxious web. 

As I already knew, there wasn't anyone recognisible in the lobby yet. So, I took Harry's offer to look at the pool and the gym, which we would be visiting once Coach let us all free for our own time. I think walking around and giving Harry something else to do would make get his mind on track to something else, something that didn't put any pressure on him. 

The pool had a few people in it already. They were a family with small children, screaming because they didn't want to get into the water without their mum. Their father was there, his arms opened wide for his children to know that it was safe with him. I glanced over to Harry, who was telling me that the gym was the next door down in the hallway and that we should go see it so we had a plan to take back to Liam. I already knew that was only part true. He didn't want to watch the children's distrust in their father.