Chapter 45

I had a tough time trying to fall asleep last night because I kept wanting to get Harry to talk to me. I wanted to know what it was, that I said, that made him go silence and not want to speak to me anymore. The night had gone off so perfectly until I the conversation about Zayn and I didn't want to have to go through this every time him or Louis came up. 

Apparently, I was able to fall asleep at some point. I don't know how late it even was but Liam still hadn't returned from partying with the team. Maybe he wasn't going to come back at all because he assumed we were trying to spend alone time together. I think that was the last thing Harry wanted now. 

When I woke up, I had no idea which version of Harry the morning would be gracing me with. Maybe Harry had slept away all his negative thoughts and feelings about Zayn. He had more important things to be thinking about. I was fine and he needed to believe that I was. Then there was the chance that I'd wake up to the same distant Harry that I had the pleasure of falling asleep next to. 

I did open my eyes and I did find Harry's back to me, the hotel sheets and blankets resting just above his waist. I could see the outline of his spine through his shirt from his half-curled position as he slept. I remained quiet, not wanting to disturb the unsettling peace that was between us. 

I turned onto my back before I looked across from my shoulder to see that Liam hadn't been there. I don't think that he even came back last night. I probably would have heard him last night since I wasn't too interested in trying to sleep. He probably just stayed in someone else's room because he didn't want to intrude on us. 

This morning I also didn't care much about my breath so, I wasn't frantically looking around for something to hide it. I decided that I wasn't going to wait for Harry to wake up. Instead, I was going to get myself ready for the day by getting dressed and going down for breakfast. Then I would probably try and get set on packing my bag up some. No matter what happened with the game, we were going back home tonight either way. I needed to be prepared for something so I chose the easiest thing. 

 "Liam went down for breakfast if you want to join him. Then he's going for his morning workout." Harry's voice sounded, startling me some as I shifted to get out of bed and head to the bathroom. 

I stopped myself from getting out of the bed completely, folding one leg to rest on the bed as my other rested against the side of the bed. I turned my body to see Harry, his back still to me. "How long have you been awake?" I asked him, glancing down at the sheets. 

"I don't really know." He answered. "What about you?"

"Just a few minutes." I said, still sensing the non-physical distance between us. I really didn't like it much. I actually felt a bit annoyed about it because I just didn't understand why he was acting like this. 

Harry let out a sigh before he picked his head up from his pillow and looked over his shoulder to me. His tongue traced over his lips after another sigh left his from his mouth. 

I don't really know what I was waiting to hear from him. Maybe I wanted to hear him say that he was sorry for blocking me out with no warning after I told him what he wanted to know. If he didn't want to hear about Zayn then he shouldn't have asked. Harry was either unable to handle hearing it or he was just being flat out stubborn and just didn't want to. At the same time it was actually a good thing that he asked me because we couldn't avoid talking about it forever. I already tried to avoid the actual bullying before and that didn't work out. Talking about it was what got me here. I really liked it here. 

"So," I started, letting my fingers glide against the soft surface of the sheets before I glanced up to Harry, not wanting to press on but I found that maybe that's just what I had to do with him to get him to deal with his life. I couldn't be afraid to avoid arguing with him and pretend that everything was just perfect between us now.