Chapter 44

We were now all lined back up to leave the restaurant so we could get back onto the bus and go back to the hotel for the night. The restaurant was just about to close so we had no choice but to leave. As much as the boys were still eager to celebrate, I actually couldn't wait to be surrounded by the quiet. My ears were ready to start ringing from all the non-stop chatter and such from the rest of the lot.  

I looked over to Harry as we waited to be next to get on the bus. A smile was still on his face and I couldn't help but to smile back and rub his shoulder. "You did well." I told him, wanting to call him babe  but I had to hold back since we were surrounded by the others. I was actually finding it harder to be subtle around Harry.

Harry looked over to me and gave me a nod and I wondered what he was really holding back on saying or doing. I wondered if it he was having a hard time just like I was. 

He let me walk ahead of him as we got to the steps of the bus. As soon as I began climbing the stairs I felt as my exhaustion began to take it's toll on me. I blinked my eyes a few times before I rubbed at my temple. I hoped that Coach would call for a quiet ride back so I could have a little nap. 

"So, Captain," Harry and I both turned around when we hear Josh's voice. His arm was hanging around Harry's shoulders lazily. "Is the little after party going to be in your room again this year?" He asked.

I slid into my seat, still looking up to the two of them, waiting for Harry's reply myself. I watched as his hand went up to his face and his thumb quickly stoked at his cheek bone. 

Then he shook his head and gave Josh a smile. "Not this year, mate." Harry looked down to his legs before speaking again. "I think my room will be for relaxing and icing the knee tonight but you could always have it somewhere else." 

Between myself and Josh, I didn't know which of us were more surprised that Harry didn't give Josh some explanation about them being responsible, especially now that they have moved on into the tournament. Maybe Harry was getting it right again, that he can't be the parent to his team

"And you won't be mad at us?" Josh pressed on carefully, his voice still sounding like he didn't believe Harry.

Harry shook his head again, this time adding in a shrug of his shoulders. "Tonight's worth celebrating, right?" Harry picked Josh's arm from his shoulders so he could take his seat down next to me. "As long as you don't get called on for being a disturbance or if Coach finds you and tells you lot to shut it down, then do what you will with the rest of the night. Just don't complain how tired and ill you may fill in the morning." 

"Well, since you scared some of us with the room bills being sent to the school, I don't think the mini bars will be empty from every room on the floor." Josh said in an amused tone before he looked over his shoulder to see that others were waiting to get seated. 

"What's the hold up for Josh?" Dan asked as he peered over from behind a few others.

Josh rolled his eyes. "You can wait a few more seconds. It's not gonna kill ya, mate!" As he began walking he put his hand back on Harry's shoulder. "You did us proud. Good to have you back." 

"Thanks, Josh. Have fun tonight. You boys deserve it." He sent him a quick smile and then glanced at each boy as they walked past him, once Josh finally left. He gave short nods and smiles to anyone who made eye contact with him. 

"Done with the responsibilities for tonight, Captain?" I quickly joked as I rested my arm up by the window so I could rest my head against it, hoping that if I did manage to fall asleep I'd save my head from bashing into the window if the bus hit uneven bits on the road.