Chapter 35

"We better be getting back," I mumbled against his lips after I managed to pull away from him. Sure, kissing Harry was one of the best feelings I have ever felt but it was getting rather cold out. I didn't want one of us to get ill and have to miss out on this weekends' set of matches, more so Harry than I. I didn't even know if I was going.

"Unless, you actually plan on practising. Then we could probably stay a little while longer." I managed to get out as Harry tugged at my bottom lip gently with his teeth before kissing me back on my mouth again. Of course, I kissed him back because I just couldn't win with Harry's lips teasing at my own. 

"But I am practising." He teased against my mouth, then trailing his lips lightly to the corner of my mouth while his hands began to move to my back, slowly going up the hem of my shirt. His hands were cold against my stomach, causing my muscles to squirm in shock from the sensitive feeling. 

I let out a groan and closed my eyes, tilting my head slightly away from Harry. This boy was getting more and more sly by each day. I don't know what happened to the boy I didn't know, the one who kept to himself about everything but I think once he started opening up to me that he just couldn't stop himself anymore. We've only been boyfriends for a few days now but I feel like the amount of knowledge and comfort we seem to have for one another that it feels like so much longer. 

"Harry," I breathed out, my reflexes from his touches causing me to back away from the source of uncertainty. I came back to him after the lurching feeling inside me subsided. I made sure to hold his hands in mine so they couldn't do anymore traveling of my body. 

"Don't lose focus on something that is so important to you and you've worked for because of me, yeah?"  I told him as I stared into his eyes to let him know just how serious I was. I didn't want to be that thing that made Harry forget about everything else in his life. I didn't want us to get too lost in the world that we created for no one else to exist. 

He shook his head, looking down but still keeping his hold on my hands. I took that as a good sign though I was still feeling like maybe what I said was something that he definitely didn't want to hear. Then he lifted his head, his lips forming in a straight line as he looked back to me, swinging our joined hands slowly. "I'm not losing focus, Niall." His lips then formed into a half-smile, preparing me for whatever next sly joke he was going to tell me. I knew that look on his face. "Besides, I'll have to ignore the feeling of wanting to touch you and kiss you for the rest of the week." He dropped one of his hand to fix my hair, his fingers lingering with each small stroke. 

I blinked my eyes so that they wouldn't drift to watch what Harry was doing. Instead I focused o his face as he concentrated on my hair. 

It was the truth. We wouldn't have any time together like this for awhile now so maybe he was just trying to make the most of it. I was flattered but Harry used to be so determined to get back and I felt like he was starting to lose that feeling. I thought what I was trying to get through to him would be helpful and make him see that I wasn't the sole center of his universe. 

He'd soon go back to being the player and I'd go back to being the water boy. We both shared this secret that we were more than just those two boys. He'd have to put his mind fully into the sport and I'd have to do the same. I'm sure there would be those moments were we steal glances at one another and we'll miss each other, but it's just the way life has to be for us. 

"I think I can manage it. I have before." I told him with a nod. "Are you still going to be my drive home?" I already knew that he would be. 

"Course, I will." His thumb caressed the back of my hand, his touch still able to be tantalising to me, even in the cold chill the aftermath of his touch was still stronger against my hand. "Are you okay?"