Chapter 37

"Nope, not today." Harry announced as he stepped in front of me as the same time I was walking from my maths lesson to go into the library. His little movement caused me to bump right into him and nearly trip as I took a few steps backwards.

"And why not? I protested against him after I regained my initial balance and fixed my schoolbag onto my back; the weight heavy from the amount of work I was to do over the weekend. I actually needed to go to the library to get a lot of it done so I could have the weekend free for Harry, Liam, and the team. 

Harry's hand touched my arm as he lightly got me to turn around and walk into the direction of the dining hall instead. His arm went across my shoulders, his hand patting me before he pulled me in closer to his side. I did feel a bit awkward about it at first because people didn't need to assume we were more than friends, even though they would be exactly correct. 

"Because you will be joining your friends for lunch to discuss this weekend. At least, I take it that you and Liam didn't have a chance to plan out anything during first lesson because you had to pay attention and all?" He chuckled at me as he continued to usher me towards the dining hall, his arm falling from my shoulders so his hand could rest on my back, his fingertips practically jabbing into me to keep me moving along. 

Your boyfriend sure is patient these days. 

Besides that, Liam and I couldn't even talk in class if we wanted to since we were on opposite sides of the room from one another. Actually, I was a bit surprised none of us had yet to chat about this weekend since I called Harry the night before yesterday with the news that my mum signed me off to come along. I did decide to throw in my mum's little comments about not doing anything risque. It made Harry laugh and I was supposed to tell my mum that Harry told her I would remained untouched. 

So, he's lying to her.

What? It's not like we're going to be completely distance from one another.

"Why didn't we do this yesterday?" I interjected as I stopped walking, making Harry apply more pressure to my back. He removed his hand once he figured out that I wasn't going to budge another step. I sent him a look as I waited for him to answer. 

He crossed his arms over his chest and mockingly mirrored the look that I was giving to him. "What's so wrong with talking about it now at lunch? Besides, by the time I came around here yesterday you were already sat at those library tables." He waved his hand off at me. "You spend an awful lot of your time there."

"Yeah, I do." I told him as I nodded.  "And I guess there's nothing wrong with talking about it now. It's probably going to be our only chance since we leave tomorrow morning." I began walking again, this time freely without Harry's hand guiding me like I was going to go off his desired course. 

"We sure won't have time to after being done practising because we've got to go to yours after and get you all packed. I'm assuming you haven't started on any of that yet either?" He asked once he was walking with me at my side. 

"No, I guess yesterday was an off day for all of us." I lightly joked. 

There was nothing really special about yesterday that made me unable to pack up anything for the weekend. I just didn't really feel the need to just yet since I was going to have tonight to. It's just a weekend so I wasn't going to need too much. I could pack everything in like an hour.

Yes, we were all excited about going; apparently so excited that planning on what we'd do in the off time couldn't even get jammed into our brains. That would have been the first thing we would have done if there wasn't a make-or-break for continuing the football season was involved. I'm sure I would be spending quite some time just by myself but that didn't bother me too much.