CHAPTER 8 EDITED

Reminder

I, trufflerabbit13 do not own Hunter x Hunter, though this story is mine!

CHAPTER 8

I frowned and stood next to Menchi as number 255 slammed his fist into a table breaking it.

"I won't stop here! If she thinks I'm going to go home saying 'yes, of course'..." I stiffened as I watched the portly man scream at Menchi, "I came here not to become a gourmet, but a hunter! Hunter for the black, I may add!"

I scoffed and glared at the man, who does he think he his, a gourmet hunter are really important hunters, they're needed in our over populated earth, they're the one who finds new edible foods!

I smirked when Menchi just stared at the man, "Too bad."

"Huh?"

"Tell yourself that you weren't lucky to be tested by us, maybe you'll be luckier next year..."

"What..." My smile faltered as I saw him clench his fist and step forward, "ARE YOU MOCKING ME!!!" He ran forwards and aimed a punch at the female examiner.

Without missing a blink, I slipped my knife out of my shorts and span around him and placed my left hand that held the sharp knife on his neck while using my right hand to hold his forearm stopping his movement.

"Don't move number 255-San, or your neck would fly," my voice was calm and cheerful, "If you were to attack Menchi-San you'll be automatically disqualified to participate in the future hunters exam and if I didn't stop you right now you would have ended up with a few broken bones." I eyed Buhara who had his hand ready to smack the guy.

He seemed to see what I was staring at and paled before dropping his hand to his side. I smiled and nodded at him and took my knife away from his neck before slipping it back in my shorts. He took a step away from me and gave me a small thankful look.

"Chibi-chan I never recalled asking for your help." Menchi coldly stated.

I smiled and scratched my neck, "Yes you didn't but if I didn't interfered you would have probably ended up killing him and Buhara-San would have made him seriously crippled."

"Pfft, maybe," I watched in interest as she span out some cooking knifes as she walked up to number 255, "You want to be a black list hunter, you got to be kidding me, you couldn't even avoid Chibi-chan even when she was so obvious."

I sent a small glare at Menchi but shrugged it off since it was true, I didn't even try.

"The type of hunter you want to be has nothing to do with this test. Any type of hunter needs to have the perfect ability and knowledge of the arts of fighting, for gourmet hunters it isn't rare that we are needed to get into a nest of violent monster and other kinds of beast." My green eyes sparkled in amazement as she easily started to juggle her knives, "And if we ever come across a poacher we immediately take action."

I smirked and leaned on the wall, knowing what she was probably hoping to say, "What I wanted to know was how you were able to take on a challenge in a domain you don't know, and by using the hints around you, how you will take action, one reason why I failed all of y-"

"That's one explanation, but does it justify such severity, dear Menchi?" We all looked up to see where the voice came from.

"The sign of the hunters confederation?!"

"Ho, the examination comity came?" I chuckled and looked at the blimp curiously. I sucked in a breath in shock as an old man jumped out of the blimp and landed on the ground bring dust into the air.