CHAPTER 33

Elementally gifted

Chapter 33

RECAP:

Sorata's green eyes narrowed slightly as he shook his head, "You can't go."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, I crossed my thin arms over my chest and cocked my head to the side.

"Give me one good reason why not?" I questioned my tone sassy. For a minute we stared at each other, our eyes not wavering.

But I victoriously grinned when Sorata's looked away first with a sigh.

"Nijika, it's not safe for you, there's going to be so many criminals lurking in the city when the auction starts," Sorata explained, his tone laced with frustration.

My light green eyes follows his hand as he ran it through his slightly longer brown hair. My older brothers eyebrows were scrunched as if he was debating to himself.

"I can't the phantom troupes will be there..."

NIJIKA P.O.V.

"..."

"......"

"........"

Did I hear that right?

"What?" I questioned stupidly as rubbed my ears in confusion.

An irk mark appeared on my older brother's head as he fisted his hand.

"I SAID, I CAN'T LET YOU, MY PRECIOUS LITTLE SISTER GO TO THE CITY WHERE THE NUMBER ONE CRIMINAL GROUP, PHANTOM TROUPE IS HIDING!!!!"

Stars dizzily appeared in my eyesight as my ear rang quite painfully.

Blinking few times I looked at Sorata irritably.

"Was that necessary?" I questioned harshly. I folded my arms above my chest and crossed my legs stubbornly.

My brother glared right back at me, his bright green eyes harsh.

"You were being stupid when I was being serious for once."

I mentally scoffed when Sorata admitted that he was rarely serious.

Anyways... It's been a while since I've heard that name....

The Phantom Troupe...

The group of criminals that killed Kurapika's clan. The people who seriously injured Silva-san.

My thoughts went back to the injury Silva-San had when I first found him.

Bloody and dangerous... Definitely a group of people that holds great power.

But I don't understand the reason why Sorata would be worried. There's like millions of people in the city alone. The percentage of me walking into the criminals is almost zero to none.

"What if the Genei Ryodan are there? The possibility of me bumping into them is so low, and even if I do bump into them, I have nothing to worry about, right?" I question as I leaned forward on my knees, "It's not like they know me and wanna kill me."

Though the expression Sorata showed from my nonchalant comment made me pale slightly.

My older brother fidgeted with his brown hair, his green eyes had some guilt to them.

I smack my forehead with my palm and groaned, "Oh dear god, please tell me they're not after me!"

My older brother became immediately alert as he shook his head, "No! No! No, it's not like that! They're not specifically after you... It's just... Well..."