Nepenthe (Minijzl)

•Pairing: Miniminter and Tbjzl (Simon & Tobi)
•Prompt: Nepenthe (n.) something that can make you forget grief or suffering.
•Warnings: None
XIX
My heart drops in my chest immediately when I walk into my grandma's hospital room, her body hooked up lifeless to wires and machines.

Tears stream down my face when I sit next to her and hold her cold hand, kissing it quickly and gently.

"I've done it grandma, I told them." I say and sniff, my lip quivering as I imagine her response.

'Bout time, I'm surprised they didn't figure it out sooner' I manage a small smile at the thought of her saying it, a tear dripping down onto our intertwined hands.

The first person I ever came out to with my sexuality was my grandma, and she was nothing but supportive, even going as far as bringing me to the pride walk in London.

"Tobi misses you, he wished he could come today but he's with his family as well." I say and push her grey hair out of her face.

"I miss you too." I whimper out and wipe my eyes with my other hand, just to have new tears replace the wiped away ones.

"Everyone loves Tobi, but not like you did. And I thank you every day for bringing us together." I whisper, running my thumb over her knuckles.

The day still plays over clearly in my head, me being too shy to walk up to Tobi and introduce myself, which resulted in my grandma calling him over and telling him basically everything about me.

Since then we've been dating for three years, and I can certainly say that I want to spend the rest of my life with that boy.

Even through all the arguments we come back together, we can't stay away from each other.

"I love you, so much." I say and break down fully into tears, letting go of her hand and leaning forward, embracing her in a hug.

"I know you'll always be around, with me." I quiver out and pull away, wiping my eyes again and sniffling.

"Simon, it's time." I look behind me to see mum standing there with a tissue in her hand and red puffy eyes from crying.

I slowly nod and look back at my grandma, kissing her on the cheek before standing up and walking past my mum out of the room.

She knew I wouldn't stay for this part, it would be too hard, it would ruin me.

Seeing someone I grew up with and that was a role model for me get sick was bad enough.

I walk out the front door of the hospital, being met with a cold breeze and rain sprinkling down.

My hands are tucked into the pockets of my hoodie and my hood up as I run through the rain to get to my car, unlocking it and getting in.

By the time I pull out of the parking lot and am on the way back to the Sidemen house it's down pouring, making it incredibly hard to see on the road.

But eventually I make it home, after an hour of sitting in traffic and trying to cheer myself up by listening to music.

It doesn't work.

As soon as I walk in the door and see JJ waiting for me, I break down in tears for the second time that day.

Immediately he engulfs me in a bear hug, my hands going up to his shirt and holding onto it tightly.