Invisible (KSImon)

Pairing: KSI & Miniminter (Simon and JJ)
Prompt: Simon feels like he isn't good enough, like he's invisible to everyone.
Warnings: Slight triggers (I won't put warnings)
3rd person POV
XIX
-Christmas-
Simon smiles happily as he walks down the aisles of the shop, running his fingers over the soft fabrics of the shirts and jackets.

It's almost Christmas and he was determined to give JJ the best present- one he'd never forget, Simon wants him to always think of him when he sees it.

Eventually he just decided on a plain gold chain, JJ loves things like this- other people just fail to see the beauty in simplicity.

Simon was so excited that as soon as he got home he rushed to put it in its box and wrap it in festive wrapping paper.

The boys always give each other their presents early because everyone goes home for Christmas, and it's just silly to give gifts after the holiday.

Simon watches as all the boys exchange gifts, everyone smiling at the thoughtful ones and laughing at the funny ones.

He waits to give JJ his though, wanting him to be able to fully appreciate it and not be distracted by all the other guys.

"JJ, I have something for you." Simon pulls JJ aside and goes to place the present in his hand, smiling excitedly at JJ.

"Yeah- uh one sec." JJ mumbles and looks down at his and up at the front door, a smile spreading across his face when it opens.

"Seana!" Simon's heart breaks at the sound of her name slipping past JJ's lips, the two hugging and JJ spinning her around.

JJ wasn't sure if he'd see Seana before the holidays, in his eyes this was the best present he could ever get.

Yet Simon still stands there patiently- putting on a fake smile, but gripping the present in his hand so hard his knuckles turn white.

"I didn't think I'd see you!" JJ says happily, pulling her into a kiss- a kiss which pains Simon to watch, making him turn his head.

Simon sighs as a tear rolls down his cheek, turning around and walking up the stairs to his room- ignoring the guys questioning.

He gets to where his room is but pauses before going in, instead turning to walk into JJ's room, placing the present in his bed and leaving immediately after.

Simon goes to his room and shuts the door quietly behind him, sitting down on his bed and gripping the side of it in pain.

Tears drip down his cheeks and onto his lap, his heart paining in his chest- the sound of laughing and talking downstairs just reminding him more that no one cares.

No one cares that he left, no one even acknowledges that he exists- he is simply just not cared for anymore.

Simon cries himself to sleep that night- the only thing keeping him going is the tiny sliver of hope that one day, JJ will see him.

What Simon doesn't know is that when Seana left, and everything was winding down, JJ opened that box, all of his attention directed to it.

His heart swelled up at the thought that went into it- only Simon would know what simple gift to get somebody, yet it would have to much meaning.

Every day after that JJ wore that chain under his shirt, every time he touched it he thought of Simon- his favourite person.

-New Years-
It was New Years Eve and everyone was standing around the sidemen house, talking and laughing about whatever- Simon was stood by himself in a corner.