XIV

Ok I rewrote this chapter like 3 times lmao.

the goal with the whole Reina going to town and getting that horrible reaction was to reflect on the discrimination against people of colour, and with this muslims and Arabs in particular face, in the modern world.

But I feel like a lot of people were more concerned about Reina not listening to Harry lmaooo. Das alright, let's see the opinions at the end of this chapter.

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

"What the fuck were you thinking?"

Reina found it hard not to flinch at Harry's loud, rough voice when he yelled at her as soon as they were past the large oak doors of the castle. Reina knew she made a mistake when she chose not to pay attention to Harry and Fredric's warnings. She was still a little shaken up from the incident that had occurred and wanted to be alone for a few. But Harry followed her as she tried to go to their bedchamber, yelling extremely loudly and completely losing his temper

"Fucking look at me when I am talking to you, Reina," Harry reached out to grab her wrist, making her snap and turn around to pull her hand back. "Why did you not listen to me when I told you to stay in the castle?"

Reina didn't answer him because she didn't know what to say. She was being stubborn when she had decided to go out into town despite Harry's warnings, because she didn't like it when she was being told what to do. She had also underestimated the people of Siremeth, thinking that she could handle whatever discrimination she was going to face. But she didn't think it was going to be that bad.

"You were being stubborn and foolish is what I'd like to hear," Harry snapped her back to reality, making her frown deeply. "Fucking answer me-"

"I am sorry!" She yelled at him. "I apologize for not listening to you but please do not yell at me and call me foolish after all the negative things that I've been forced to listen to about myself during the past hour!"

"I-I know I underestimated the level of the discrimination I was going to face today and went ahead anyways. I just wanted to see the town, get to know what kind of people I was going to rule over one day-"

"No, you left because you were stubborn and you were fucking bored!" Harry retaliated roughly, making her facial expression fall.

"I tried to stay out of everyone's way but the boy was starving, and-and his friends. My compassion took ahold of my senses, Harry. I couldn't help it," she tried to defend herself. She found it hard to argue back and defend herself because she was partially at fault for not listening to Harry, but she was also hurting and really didn't want to fight with Harry at the moment.