XXIV

I'm shook because I updated when I said I'll be busy. This just means that I was procrastinating. But really I can't update in the next two weeks so enjoy.

I got carried away with this chapter and it unintentionally turned into a filler chapter

EXCUSE THE ERRORS xx

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

"Reina! Run!"

  Faster: that was all Reina could think of doing. Running faster. Her heart bruised from battering against her ribcage vigorously from the panic and fear that swirled deep within her. Her frantic, luminous eyes squinted in the darkness as her feet carried her through the deep, pitch black forest. Harry was hot on her heels, snapping his head back every now and then to see if they were still chasing, and they were. Eerie, bone chilling, and uncanny they were, with their ghostly, golden masks.

  Reina gasped when an arrow flew out of nowhere and struck a tree she just passed by. Her heart was lodged up in her throat. Adrenaline coursed through the blood that flowed in her veins. Skin prickled due to the icy breeze that washed over her face as she sprinted. Her lungs screamed and wailed for air, but she couldn't breathe. She couldn't stop, because if she did, she would be dead. Her mind couldn't process any more thoughts other than that she had to run fast, but the darkness made it difficult for her to do that.

  The silvery moonlight was their only savior as it provided a trickle of luminosity for them to see where they were going. But even then, the blanket of darkness that covered the thick maze of woodland kept closing on them, pressing down and suffocating them. Reina tried to watch her step, but it proved to be difficult when her foot got caught in a hole of a log that they tried to jump over. Harry successfully leapt over it, but Reina fell to her knees with a shout, ankle twisting in the process.

   "Harry!" she called out loudly, hand reaching out for him.

  His feet halted their movements and he spun around, eyes landing on Reina who trembled in pain, trying her hardest not to scream in agony as she tried to wrench her leg out of the tight hole. But as soon as he took a step forwards, a loud sickening noise was emitted when an arrow shot out from behind Reina and drove itself straight into his heart.

  Reina's gaze shot up at the sound, eyes widening and jaw dropping when she saw the arrow that was buried into his chest half way. Harry staggered back, and Reina felt her heart shatter into a million pieces. When he dropped to the forest ground, she let out a piercing scream, struggling vigorously against the log.

   "No!"

  Her wild movements were restrained when rough pairs of hands grabbed her arms harshly, holding her back while another pair of hands wrapped around her calf. An ear-piercing screech was elicited when the ambusher pulled her twisted, now swollen ankle out of the hole. Despite the torturous pain, she struggled vigorously against the men, wild, tear-filled eyes locked on Harry who now lay dead on the forest ground, only a few meters away from her.