XXII

this pic soOoooo goes with this book

Also for those who watch Game Of Thrones and think these ambushers with the gold masks are like the Sons of Harpy. I did get the idea from there, but like the meaning behind it is not the same.

The mask below is what I imagine the golden mask the ambushers wore to be. Also the foreign language that keeps coming up is actually Arabic.

NOW ENJOY AND ANSWER THE QS AT THE END !!

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

♕♔♕

"Fuck."

Harry tightened his grip on Reina's hand and gritted his teeth as Sebastian drove the carriage wildly through the forest. Reina's eyes fluttered as she felt her life slowly and torturously drain out of her. The pain hit her when she saw the blood seep through her dress, and now it was throbbing continuously and all she wanted to do was put an end to it. She tried not to look at the wound and the knife sticking out of her because it only caused her to panic more and more. Harry was distracting her anyways with his sweet, comforting words. She felt a mixture of feelings towards the way Harry acted towards her, demeanor completely morphing into one full of care and worry for her, when before he was incredibly angry and spiteful.

"We should be heading to Siremeth instead," Harry muttered under his breath, while Fredric shook his head in response.

"Too far, Harry. So is Vardomos. We were in the middle of our journey so heading either way would've taken the same amount of time-"

"And Reina would've bled to death," Harry said with a clenched jaw. "Well where the fuck are we going now?"

"Sebastian said he spotted a small cottage on the way that's not too far behind. Perhaps the people there could help until one of us travels to either Vardomos or Siremeth for help," Fredric explained, while Harry scoffed loudly.

"What if they can't help? We are wasting our time going th-"

Harry's words were cut off when they suddenly ran over a bump, causing Reina to gasp loudly when she felt the blade shift inside of her. Her hand clutched Harry's tightly and her eyes squeezed shut, other hand applying pressure to the area around the wound and the knife. They were too afraid to take the knife out of her because it would cause the blood to flow more, plus they didn't want to risk injuring her insides. For now they had some cloth wrapped around the blade to stop whatever blood was flowing out of the wound.

Harry's expression softened as he slipped his arm around Reina, holding her to him as the carriage continued to tear down the pathway along to the cottage that was nearing by now. Reina felt Harry's lips press to her temple, whispering comforting words to her while his thumb ran over the skin of the back of her hand soothingly. Her heart ached at the way he was being, so sweet and caring. A part of her was sad however, and she soon realized why the more Harry tried to comfort her.