XXXVIII

it took me a while to write this chapter because when some of y'all said the story was dragging on I got hella conflicted lmao. also I had writer's block, went on holiday and got sick for two weeks so it's all good, no excuses.

idk if this is a boring chapter??? but y'all wanted more information about the Messians because you feel like it's dragging on so here's some stuff.

But please remember that everything that happens is for a reason. Like literally, there's a purpose behind everything, even what happened to Vaera is for a reason, not just for dRaMa.

SORRY ITS SO LONG! ENJOY !!

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

   "Gone? Like flown away?"

Reina shot Declan a blank look, making him gulp and lower his head. She sat down on the edge of the bed, a pained expression etching on her face as her pale eyes skimmed the letter once again. Harry felt his heart ache with pity, wondering when The One will stop making her suffer. She finally folded the letter and set it aside, looking up at Harry and parting her lips to speak.

"The funeral went well," she said to him. "Vaera was lured out just enough to burn the pyre and the eggs. She got all riled up when they tried to lock her back up, and ended up burning a few people, breaking away and disappearing."

"Well she has babies now, as a mother won't she return?" Declan spoke up with a frown.

"Dragons often times abandon their young. Some stay and take care and guard their hatchlings. But from what we've noticed over the years, not all dragons do this," Reina murmured in response.

"We can hope that she'll return for her children, or perhaps even for food," Harry tried to be optimistic.

"She can hunt for her own food, she oftentimes does anyways." She stood up with a heavy sigh, folding her arms over her chest. "About the newborn dragons, it's hard to predict whether she'll care or not."

"Do you think she'll come here? To look for you?" Declan questioned quietly. Harry's brows sloped downwards; worry filling his heart as he looked at Reina for her response.

"I-I'm unsure," Reina spoke truthfully. "Vaera has a mind of her own. When I came to Siremeth, she wasn't locked up until months after I was gone. She never tried to look for me, so I doubt she'd do it now."

"She'd have to know where you are to look for you, yes? Otherwise, how else would she come to Siremeth? She doesn't know how to come here, correct?" Harry asked with slight urgency.

"I-I suppose-"

"Reina I need to know," Harry spoke firmly with impatience, making her frown. "If Vaera comes to Siremeth, there will be chaos. These people have never seen a dragon, they won't react well."