XXXIX

A bitch is back.

If you're here and you haven't read the HC RECAP chapter that's before this chapter, then I highly recommend you go do it to refresh your memory. If you don't, well...

also if that dragon is too much to imagine as Vaera, just imagine her as Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon ehehhehe.

Reminder: Aldrich Norcross is Jaide's father. He's mentioned in this chapter. Also Pregnant Reina is 6 months along!

As mentioned before, this is more of a transition chapter to get a few important convos done before moving onto bigger, more important events!

Enjoy and excuse any errors!

♕♖♕

♕♖♕

"Vaera!"

  Reina's desolate calling of her beloved dragon was still echoing in her mind as she rode back to the Styles Palace with Harry in the carriage. Harry wanted to come back to the city after dropping off and making sure Reina was okay because he wanted to help put out the fires and made sure people had homes to stay in for the night. But Harry didn't want to leave Reina alone. He was worried that what had just happened will cause her to fall apart, and that wasn't good, not when she was heavily pregnant. They were a few minutes into the journey back to the castle; silence surrounded them as they sat together quietly.

  Harry looked over at Reina, noticing her mottled cheeks and her emotionless expression. He couldn't tell how she was feeling and that worried him immensely. His gaze flickered down to her hands that were clasped together on her lap, pushing himself to move his hand. It slid into her lap and into the small gap between her loosely clasped hands, breaking them apart and holding her hands firmly. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, indicating for her to look at him and she did. Her red-rimmed, green eyes looked at him sadly, before he parted his lips to speak.

   "I'm so sorry for everything that happened," he continued to murmur to her, pulling her hand up to kiss her knuckles in comfort. "I promised that she wouldn't be harmed."

   "It's not your fault," Reina uttered quietly, keeping her gaze averted. "No matter how much I see Vaera as my own, a creature that would never hurt me, everyone else will see her as a beast. If anything I'm sorry, Vaera is my dragon and my love for her blinded me from thinking up any kind of plan to stop her because I didn't want her to get hurt. I didn't think of the people-"

   "Reina," Harry murmured with a deep frown. "Don't say that. The others on the council were suggesting killing and harming her, which weren't good ideas anyways because she would've been further provoked and we would've lost a valuable weapon if she had died. That is of course speaking from their perspective, we see her differently, as our family not a weapon. Anywho, they would've regretted it if we went ahead with their plans. Plus you were just defending her during the meeting, you have the right to, she's your dragon!"