XV

Sorta a filler chapter but itssss cool.

Hope y'all enjoy x

Excuse any errors please and thank you :)

♕♔♕

♕♔♕

"Fredric, where is my husband?"

"The Prince had a few errands to run before our departure," Fredric responded to her question, handing her the reins of her horse once she was settled upon Tariq.

"What sort of errands?" Reina asked curiously, keeping Tariq still as the waited by an empty alleyway, near the gate they were going to leave through.

"He didn't say," Fredric told her, making her frown before she shrugged. Perhaps he forgot to retrieve a few things, she thought to himself.

   "So Fredric, have you ever been to Vardomos?" Reina asked in interest after a few minutes of silence, deciding to strike up a conversation while waiting for Harry.

   "No, m'lady. This is my first time," Fredric answered with a light smile. "I must say I am quite excited to see the northeast of the realm. I have heard the mountain ranges and sceneries are very picturesque there."

   "Indeed. The mountain ranges are certainly a sight to see," Reina smiled softly at him. "However, I'm sorry you have to be dragged along with us to Vardomos so suddenly-"

   "Princess, please don't apologize. There's no need. Your grandmother needs you so of course I will be your guide to take you back to your kingdom," Fredric said sincerely, his words making Reina's heart warm up. "I just wish the King gave you permission to leave, instead of us simply sneaking out. It's quite risky."

   "It is," Reina sighed. "But I am glad Harry was the one who suggested leaving like this, instead of me trying to do it on my own."

   "Indeed, it's odd, though. Harry defying his father," Fredric murmured thoughtfully.

   "Well he is trying to be in my favor again," Reina mumbled under her breath.

   "I think it's more than that," Fredric said to her, making Reina's brows lower. "The Prince has a good heart, m'lady. Sometimes, his anger takes ahold of him, and he says things he doesn't mean. Trust me, I have experienced it myself."

   "You like to defend him a lot, don't you?"

   "I admit that the way he behaved was wrong. But we have been friends ever since we were children, he goes through different stages when he loses his temper. The first one being him losing it, and saying whatever strikes his mind. The second, him snapping out of it after some time and realizing his fault. Third, wallowing in guilt and regret. Finally, fourth, doing whatever he can to earn forgiveness."