New Beginnings

That was over a week ago. Since leaving the old loop my head had been a lot clearer and I was generally in a better state of mind, but still felt numb. Not as bad but it still lingered. I've been looking for this loop hole for around 9 days, but I felt like I was just going in circles. I was stood on a beach when weather started to change from cloudy to heavy rain. I took shelter in a cave by a beach.

I sat there. Thinking of how my life would turn out. I've lived through what felt like hell and I still am.  But something deep down inside me wanted to live, wanted to see things and experience things. A lust for life. That's what my dad said it was. It burned like a roaring fire some days but others it was just a few embers. It never died. It kept me going. No matter what happened to me I swore I wouldn't end up like my dad or my mum. I wouldn't sleep around and become scum on the street and I would get so dark that I'd never see the light. I knew I had my dark days but I'd never give in. I'd never give up hope of finally being happy and let go of the past. Today was one of those days were the numb lingered but if I kept my mind busy I'd be ok.

"You can't get me!" I heard young girl scream. I almost jumped out of my skin. "Oh really!" I heard a boy shout back. Then followed a few playful screams. Where was this coming from? I got up and picked up my stuff to investigate. The squeals got louder the further I headed in. Then a beam of sunlight hit the ground infront of me. I ran towards it.

I was greeted by a warm summer breeze and, as my eyes a adjusted to the light, I saw a crowd of children. There were faces of excitement, surprise and delight. After a few seconds of silence. They all broke out in loud chatter. Two girls around my age tried to quite them. It took a while but they finally listened.

"So who are you?!" A girl with blond hair and blue eyes like me just lighter. "Er I'm Kathy Richards... and you?" I replied shyly.
"Well lovely to meet you Kathy" a loud confident voice boomed behind me almost making me fall over with shock.

I spun around and I was met by a tall woman with a pipe. She had black hair that shined a deep blue in the sun. She was very confident and she looked like she knew exactly what was going on.

"May you follow me to my office, please, oh and I'm called Miss Peregrine" she order. Shit. What have I done? Am I meant to be here? Wait is this even the loop? What's going to happen? Thousands of questions shot around my head. "Well?" She questioned."Er yes ok" I stuttered.
"Please get changed out of those clothes, we do not dress like that here" she stated bluntly.

I realised I was wearing a burgundy crop top, it covered my chest but a bit of my stomach showed, and my black shorts were ripped and short. This definatly wasn't what people wore in this time.

"Im sorry this is what girls in my time wear. I've got a few things in my bag but not much" I replied suddenly embarrassed.
"You can take some clothes from the attic, don't worry they're nice" she replied.

She strode across the gardens and I timidly followed. After a short while a large, grand house came into view. It was beautiful. When I was younger I used to imagine living in a place like this with a beautiful prince, life would be perfect. It had many windows and it was like an old gothic mansion. There were beautiful flowerbeds that lined the walls of the house, they were full of colourful flowers but my eyes caught onto a rose bush which was sprinkled with deep red roses. I felt like I was going to like it here. "It's an amazing house here!" I exclaimed, she turned around and gave me a warm smile. We approached a large doorway, she opened it with a loud creak.