From One to Another

Kathy's POV
I woke up in Enoch's arms, it was warm and safe. He was buried by the duvet but his face was showing which was covered in a veil of sunlight from the window. He was so alluring. He had dark circles under his eyes like always, it added to the mystery he was to me. He must of not been able to sleep, I hope I didn't disturb him.

I looked over at the clock, it read 6.50am. We had 25 minutes until breakfast, I might as well wake him up. I was going to get me own back on him for yesterday. I wraped my arms around him and pulled him closer, him pretty sure it woke him up but not completely. The I started to trace lines down his back, I felt him tense as I touched him. My hands crawled to his arm pits and a started to tickle him merciless. He shot up and started to laugh and squirm, he'd always been so tough but I'd completely caught him off guard. "S-stop!" He tried to order me, but I ignore.

Then suddenly he flipped over and he was on top of me. I realised how close we were to each other. He pinned me down with my arms to stop me tickling him. "Fucking hell you scared the shit out of me!" He sighed, slightly panting. His Scottish accent was so thick when he was surprised. I smiled and laughed at him.

Enoch's POV
How I wanted to kiss her right there. Her cheeky smile drove me wild. I snapped myself out of that and got off her. "We better get ready for breakfast," I said.
"Oh shit yeah, I'll see you there," she replied dashing out of my room. I started to get ready for breakfast, I took off my shirt and- "WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME!" I heard Kathy yell, one name popped into my head, Olive.

Kathy's POV
Olive that bitch. "Back the hell off Enoch, he'll never love you! You're a murder!" She hissed at me. That was my fucking limit. I pushed her against the was and I scream "YOU BITCH! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!" as I slapped her across the face. I had a terrible temper that easily got out of control. Then I felt familiar hands pull me back. I tried to resist but they were too strong. It was Enoch. He looked furious. I'd never seen him so angry. He fists where clenched, his jaw was clenched and his chest wad puffed up. I was scared and he wasn't even angry at me.

My mind was running faster than I could keep up. My breathing was fast and sharp. My palm were sweaty. My legs were weak. I ran into my room as I heard Enoch shouting at Olive. The words moulded into one noise. I sat down in the corner and started to sob uncontrobaly. Then there was a knock and my door. "Hey it's me, Enoch. Can I come in?" He gently ask through my door. I didnt say anything so he came in. He was the only I wanted to see.

I heard him close my door behind him and he sat down next to me. He put his arm around me and a cuddled unto his chest still sobbing. He gently rocked me like before. He always did this when I ws hurting and it made me feel so much calmer. He stroked me hair a played with it in his hand.

I took a deep breath and tried to stop crying. I moved away from his chest and rested my head on his shoulder. "What Olive said to you is not true, don't your dare believe what she said" He said while he reassuringly squeezed my hand which he was holding. "But it's true. I am a murder." I replied bluntly. It was true. I had killed the people who made me. I don't see how anyone could see past that. "Looking me in the eye and tell me that." He told me.

Enoch's POV
She looked at me. I hoped she saw how I looked at here. How much I cared and loved her. She couldn't manage it. She said silent. "Don't you dare even think you're a murder or a monster. Ever. You are so much more than that." I told her with my arms on her shoulders. I looked her straight in the eye. They looked empty. I couldn't bare knowing that she wasn't ok. I pulled her into a gently embrace.

Then there was knock at the door and Miss Peregrine walked in. I let Kathy free of my grasp as she stood up. I followed her. "I need to apologise to Olive. I am so sorry for how I behaved." She said plainly. There was no emotion and I could tell.
"Thank you Kathy, I have talked to Olive and she will apologise to you Kathy. But you both need to learn to control you anger. I will not tolerate another argument like this, else the consequences will be high. Enoch I want you to apologise to Olive aswell." She explained.
"There is no way I am apologising to Olive. She has caused Kathy nothing but pain!" I angrily responded. How can she expect me to apologise! "Enoch! You will apologies for how you spoke to her!" She said firmly. "I'll except to see you two down at breakfast in 10 minutes."

She walked out and closed the door. I was pissed but I hid it as I knew Kathy was the one who needed to be looked after. I sat her down on the bed and looked at her. She looked so hurt and empty. "You know it kills me to see you like this?" I told her. She looked at me. "I'm sorry," she said.
"Don't be. I just care too much," I said pulling her closer to me and into a hug. "Well all have bad days but I'll help you through yours." I whispered in her arms. "Thank you," she said weakly.

I pained me to know that Kathy wasn't happy. She was the only person I truly cared about. Yes, I did care about the other people in this house but not like Kathy. When the others were sad I'd just ignore it but I could never ignore Kathy.

I knew exactly how she felt. I felt it aswell. She'd brought light into my life which guided me through the darkness of saddness and emptiness. I still had off days but she would always make me smile. I wanted to do the same for her.

Kathy's POV
What would I do without Enoch? I wish he knew how grateful I was for him. I didnt get how he always understood me. I could go from one emotion to the another in a blink of an eye. The numbness inside was less than it has been but I no longer wanted it. I knew that with Enoch helping me I could face my feelings. I knew that today I wasn't going to give into it's call.

"I better get changed, I'll see you at breakfast," I said.
"I'll see you there," He said as he left my room. I put on my dungarees and burgundy jumper, brushed my hair and put on my boots. I felt neutral about how I look. I wasn't pretty or ugly, I was average. I didnt get worked up about how I look. Most girls from my time would do crazy things to be 'beautiful'. I think all the lip injections, breast inlargments and butt implants just hid the huge insecurities that they all had.

I walked down stairs and I saw Olive. I might aswell apologise. "Hey Olive?" I called out.

Enoch's POV
I opened my door and saw Kathy talking to Olive. I made sure I couldn't be seen listening in on them. "What?" Oli sneered at her. "I wanted to say sorry for how I reacted. I shouldn't have hit you and I am very sorry." Kathy explained. I could hear in her voice that she meant it. "Yeah right. If you really were sorry, you'd leave Enoch alone." She said back to her. Then I knew exactly what to do.

I walked out of my room and towards the two girls. I wrapped my arms arounded Kathy, which took her by surprise. "Oh Olive I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I was only saying it to protect Kathy," He said as I smirk at her. "Come one Kathy let's go to brekafast," I said grabbing her hand.

Kathy's POV
I followed Enoch down the stairs. He was so cheeky and clever sometimes. I could hear Olive cursing under her breath as she trailed behind us. I held his hand until we got to the dining room where I let go of it. I didnt want any of the children thinking we were a thing.

We walked I amd got a mixture of stares. Half of the kids looked pissed at me and Enoch, the other half pissed at Olive. We all sat down in our places in silence. "Now, we have had an argument today so I'd like to start a fresh. Can Olive, Enoch and Kathy all stand up and apologise to each other,"  Miss Peregrine ordered. Ah shit. Well at least this might heal the huge gaping hole in our relation with Olive. I went first as I knew Enoch was to stubborn and Olive didn't want to apologise. "I am very sorry about how reacted to what you said Olive, I should have stayed calm." Miss Peregrine nodded at me and I sat down. She looked at the two standing. "Im sorry Kathy. I shouldn't have said what I said to you," Olive mumbled avoiding my eye contact. Pathetic. She couldn't even look me in the eye. She sat down. Now all eyes were on Enoch. Not one to be scared or intimated, he said "Sorry I snapped at you Olive." Then slumped back in his chair. He Scottish accent was strong, he must be annoyed at the fact he had to apologise again.

Miss Peregrine looked please and announced "Now peace is restored, you may all begin breakfast."